Well, I'm screwed...

Off-Topic Discussion
murtalianconfederacy
Captain
Captain

Well, I'm screwed...

Post by murtalianconfederacy »

From 25th June I'm being restricted to 30 minutes a day. I was barely able to adapt to 60 minutes a day. 30 minutes? No chance. I won't be able to do anything that I was planning on doing. My access will be strictly limited to just checking my emails and occasionally checking whats happened around here. Nothing more.
Not every laser dot has a loaded gun at the end of it
mwaschak
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Well, I'm screwed...

Post by mwaschak »

murtalianconfederacy wrote:From 25th June I'm being restricted to 30 minutes a day. I was barely able to adapt to 60 minutes a day. 30 minutes? No chance. I won't be able to do anything that I was planning on doing. My access will be strictly limited to just checking my emails and occasionally checking whats happened around here. Nothing more.
Any idea how long this is going to be? It is a shame though because I do enjoy following your campaign reports.

-Jay
murtalianconfederacy
Captain
Captain

Post by murtalianconfederacy »

Indefinitely.

Its a new system. They say they're planning to review the charges system in around 6 months, so if its really atrocious they might just change the thing back to a non-chargeable form, but I'm guessing they just want to try and charge people for access.

Its £1.20 for every 30 minutes, so to keep my 60 minutes a day would cost me £28.80 in February, and as much as £32.40 on a thirty-one day month with only four Sundays. I'm toying with the idea of buying time for Saturdays, or maybe Mondays (you can buy multiples of 30 minutes up to an extra 90 minutes) so I'd be doing a reduced service on five days but doing twice as much as I'm doing now on one day a week. Would enable me to perform my writing skills as well as update campaign reports. That would halve the costs, and with my saving up for VBAM 2.0 (a tenner a month) it would mean that I can afford extra luxuries, such as a pint of cider every now and again...:)
Not every laser dot has a loaded gun at the end of it
MarkG88
Commodore
Commodore

Post by MarkG88 »

OK I feel bad. I have access to dialup where I live (in the sticks of eastern Ohio more deer than people here, honest), slow, sucky, sometimes erratic........but cheap......$9.95 a month, unlimited time.....feeling better about that now.