Karma Sink

Off-Topic Discussion
Tyrel Lohr
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Tyrel Lohr »

nimrodd wrote:
Tyrel Lohr wrote:The ruse is even more elaborate than you might think; there will never be a Second Edition; it is just a smokescreen to prepare you for Third Edition!
The Traveling Wilbury's did it first.
You're assuming I don't have a time machine... which I may or may not be in the possession of.

Your point stands, however. Never knew about the Traveling Wilburys, though, so that was interesting to go look up. My musical range is pretty limited.

Speaking of which, anyone looking forward to Eurovision 2009? :twisted:

-Tyrel
[i]"Touch not the pylons, for they are the messengers!"[/i]
MarkG88
Commodore
Commodore

Post by MarkG88 »

......still waiting for that round of drinks Captain Tyrel *coughs, strums fingers* :wink:

*inches closer to Charlie's karma sink/abyss total post by post.....*
Tyrel Lohr
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Tyrel Lohr »

MarkG88 wrote:......still waiting for that round of drinks Captain Tyrel *coughs, strums fingers* :wink:
Hey, if you guys show up on my door step, I will gladly buy you some drinks. In fact, you can have yours and mine, too. You just have to end up in Lusk for some reason. :)

-Tyrel
mwaschak
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by mwaschak »

Tyrel Lohr wrote: Hey, if you guys show up on my door step, I will gladly buy you some drinks. In fact, you can have yours and mine, too. You just have to end up in Lusk for some reason. :)

-Tyrel
You mean there REALLY is a Lusk? I thought you made that up!

On a serious note I have met several people that went through Lusk in their travels. I found it even more odd how they consistantly say "you mean you have never been to Lusk, WY? Best pizza in the free world!" It must have been listed in a travel brochure or something at one point.

-Jay
MarkG88
Commodore
Commodore

road trip!

Post by MarkG88 »

mwaschak wrote:
Tyrel Lohr wrote: Hey, if you guys show up on my door step, I will gladly buy you some drinks. In fact, you can have yours and mine, too. You just have to end up in Lusk for some reason. :)

-Tyrel
You mean there REALLY is a Lusk? I thought you made that up!

On a serious note I have met several people that went through Lusk in their travels. I found it even more odd how they consistantly say "you mean you have never been to Lusk, WY? Best pizza in the free world!" It must have been listed in a travel brochure or something at one point.

-Jay
"Best pizza in the free world" you say?..............hmmm.........I take my pizza very seriously, Jay meet me in Columbus, we'll pick Charlie up en route, according to msn live search maps it's a mere 18 hours and 24 minutes from my house to Lusk, Wyoming and I think we can trim a few hours off that road trip estimate 8)

-Mark

PS I have done a road trip thru Wyoming and it's a lovely state, I've made stops/stayed over night at Cheyenne, Ft. Laramie, Sheridan, and Cody.
Tyrel Lohr
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: road trip!

Post by Tyrel Lohr »

MarkG88 wrote:"Best pizza in the free world" you say?..............hmmm.........I take my pizza very seriously, Jay meet me in Columbus, we'll pick Charlie up en route, according to msn live search maps it's a mere 18 hours and 24 minutes from my house to Lusk, Wyoming and I think we can trim a few hours off that road trip estimate 8)
The Pizza Place sells some good pizza (and baked subs, soups, etc.). I eat there about once a week, and they have a wide enough selection of dishes so that you never get bored of any one thing. So, yes, the pizza is good. :)
MarkG88 wrote:PS I have done a road trip thru Wyoming and it's a lovely state, I've made stops/stayed over night at Cheyenne, Ft. Laramie, Sheridan, and Cody.
Did you get woke up by the train in Fort Laramie? :) I stayed at the campground there one year, and the campground was right next to the tracks, so depending on how heavy of a sleeper you are the train could end up waking you up every few hours.

The Great Plains section of the state isn't all that pretty, but the more mountainous sections are very nice. I go camping up in the Bighorn Mountains up around Sheridan for a week each year. Very nice country, and usually it is cooler up there (which is nice, after suffering through a month of 100 degree heat).

-Tyrel
mwaschak
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by mwaschak »

Tyrel Lohr wrote:
The Pizza Place sells some good pizza (and baked subs, soups, etc.). I eat there about once a week, and they have a wide enough selection of dishes so that you never get bored of any one thing. So, yes, the pizza is good. :)
I think we found our host restaurant for the first VBAM Con!

In this case it was my barber telling me about pizza. It feels like some running joke I am not in on. In fact, several random people I met on various trips have mentioned Lusk.

-Jay
Tyrel Lohr
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Tyrel Lohr »

mwaschak wrote:I think we found our host restaurant for the first VBAM Con!
You joke, but the Wagners (the owners of The Pizza Place) would more than likely be available to cater such an event. Lusk would also be a fairly cheap place to hold a VBAM Convention -- only problem being that it would be a long drive to shuttle people up from Denver. If people flew into Casper or Scottsbluff, though, it would be a much shorter distance to travel.

If we ever get enough people interested in doing a get-together, though, I can set us up with the space to do it.
mwaschak wrote:In this case it was my barber telling me about pizza. It feels like some running joke I am not in on. In fact, several random people I met on various trips have mentioned Lusk.
Lusk is in the middle of nowhere, but it is at a junction so that you will probably pass through here at some point if you are journeying into Wyoming. This place is a strange duck -- we have been the feature of a series of Microsoft ads, are the site of Dick Cheney's first political speech (don't hold it against us), had the town used as the setting in a really bad wrestling movie (which could have been about or written by two guys that I knew school, if I didn't know better), etc.

-Tyrel