Something to See for Inspiration

Off-Topic Discussion
Tyrel Lohr
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Tyrel Lohr »

Emiricol wrote:As to a computerized version of VBAM, I once thought it would be a swell idea, but now I play with more than a couple optional and house rules, so it wouldn't do me much good :/ My spreadsheets do OK, once set up the way I likes 'em.
For each of my solo campaigns, I usually end up creating two Excel workbooks. One contains system information and formulas to calculate income, track NPE relationships, calculate raiding chances/sizes, etc. The other calculates maintenance costs for the various powers, and at various times has also contained XP calculators.

In addition to these Excel files, I usually have a map file (in Illustrator) and one or more campaign diaries and turn file documents I've created in Word to keep track of everything.

The problem with ever doing a computerized version of VBAM is that you would have to make everything modular and figure out how all of the options work together. It would be a mess. A more likely case is that you would be fed a single "flavor" of VBAM with minimal modularity.

-Tyrel