Woot! I made Lieutenant!

Off-Topic Discussion
murtalianconfederacy
Captain
Captain

Post by murtalianconfederacy »

13) Be an IND-2 power and screw first contact with an INT-6 race?
Not every laser dot has a loaded gun at the end of it
Tyrel Lohr
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Tyrel Lohr »

mriddle wrote:12) go to war against Tyrel and defend your ally's home world better than your own.. (Sean's B5 game)
That was shear luck, and you wouldn't have lost Sol if we were using the normal movement rules. Your big fleet would have met my big fleet (instead of passing each other in the night) and you would have bloodied my nose badly, if you didn't manage to wipe out my entire force.

The only thing that "won" in that situation was the threat of nuclear bombardment at Sol.

I was hoping that you would have stayed on in that game to manage the surviving colonies. That is part of the reason I "threw the free colonies a bone" by giving them ships back and letting them go on their merry way.
mriddle
Commander
Commander

Post by mriddle »

Tyrel Lohr wrote:
mriddle wrote:12) go to war against Tyrel and defend your ally's home world better than your own.. (Sean's B5 game)
That was shear luck, and you wouldn't have lost Sol if we were using the normal movement rules. Your big fleet would have met my big fleet (instead of passing each other in the night) and you would have bloodied my nose badly, if you didn't manage to wipe out my entire force.

The only thing that "won" in that situation was the threat of nuclear bombardment at Sol.

I was hoping that you would have stayed on in that game to manage the surviving colonies. That is part of the reason I "threw the free colonies a bone" by giving them ships back and letting them go on their merry way.
Playing the colonies would have been fun..
Tyrel Lohr
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Tyrel Lohr »

I have finally made Commander! I just don't post enough ;)

It seems I made the posts-to-rank system scale fairly well, because no one has achieved Admiral yet, I don't think -- though Charlie and Mark are probably getting close.
MarkG88
Commodore
Commodore

Post by MarkG88 »

Tyrel Lohr wrote:I have finally made Commander! I just don't post enough ;)

It seems I made the posts-to-rank system scale fairly well, because no one has achieved Admiral yet, I don't think -- though Charlie and Mark are probably getting close.

Just volunteer for MAS playtesting duty and watch the rank insignas fly by hehe. :lol:

*gets fitted for admiral's uniform*

:wink:
echoco
Commander
Commander

Post by echoco »

Just volunteer for MAS playtesting duty and watch the rank insignas fly by hehe. :lol:

I'd love to volunteer but I don't know how useful I'll be.
MarkG88
Commodore
Commodore

Post by MarkG88 »

echoco wrote:Just volunteer for MAS playtesting duty and watch the rank insignas fly by hehe. :lol:

They'll be some more MAS games coming down the road WWII-PTO, World of MAS if I recall, so contact Jay and Charlie and they'll get you squared away.
mwaschak
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by mwaschak »

MarkG88 wrote:
echoco wrote:Just volunteer for MAS playtesting duty and watch the rank insignas fly by hehe. :lol:

They'll be some more MAS games coming down the road WWII-PTO, World of MAS if I recall, so contact Jay and Charlie and they'll get you squared away.
Yep! Charlie and I have tentatively hashed out several expansions after MTO is done, which means there is plenty of playtesting opportunities. We mostly play, discuss, and pass notes here on the forums.

-Jay
echoco
Commander
Commander

Post by echoco »

mwaschak wrote:
MarkG88 wrote:
Yep! Charlie and I have tentatively hashed out several expansions after MTO is done, which means there is plenty of playtesting opportunities. We mostly play, discuss, and pass notes here on the forums.

-Jay
Sign me up for play testing, I'm not sure how much use I'll, as I mostly solo play, but I got a lot of spare time.
Charles Lewis
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Charles Lewis »

Actually, MAS and MAS-WWII probably get played most in Solo mode or one player with a game moderator, so that wouldn't be an issue.

I'm sure World of MAS will need a fair amount of playtesting, so we'll let you know.

WWII:PTO will need next to no playtesting, as it will simply be adding some additional campaigns and new aircraft with only a handful of rules to handle the different environment. WWII:ETO will have the big honkin' random campaign generator that will need playtesting. Of course, WWII:ETO is a ways off, but just something to keep in mind. :)
'Fear God and dread nought'
Coat of Arms motto of Baron Fisher, of Kilverstone
echoco
Commander
Commander

Post by echoco »

Charles Lewis wrote:Actually, MAS and MAS-WWII probably get played most in Solo mode or one player with a game moderator, so that wouldn't be an issue.

I'm sure World of MAS will need a fair amount of playtesting, so we'll let you know.

WWII:PTO will need next to no playtesting, as it will simply be adding some additional campaigns and new aircraft with only a handful of rules to handle the different environment. WWII:ETO will have the big honkin' random campaign generator that will need playtesting. Of course, WWII:ETO is a ways off, but just something to keep in mind. :)
I'm laughing as I'm reading this, you people are spoiling me with all these games, and I was hoping to save up after I get MTO.
mwaschak
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by mwaschak »

echoco wrote:
I'm laughing as I'm reading this, you people are spoiling me with all these games, and I was hoping to save up after I get MTO.
We will definitely need your help though. Right now I am still mulling over what WoM should be in the end, and how much detail we want to worry about.

-Jay