Conventions

Off-Topic Discussion
mwaschak
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Conventions

Post by mwaschak »

Hey guys,

The crew has been talking about hitting the convention circuit this year, and as a vendor too! Anyone here thinking about Origins at the moment?

-Jay
MarkG88
Commodore
Commodore

Re: Conventions

Post by MarkG88 »

mwaschak wrote:Hey guys,

The crew has been talking about hitting the convention circuit this year, and as a vendor too! Anyone here thinking about Origins at the moment?

-Jay
I finally went to Origins for first time ever two years ago, so I may be inclined to go back this year, it'll depend on work and so forth though (meaning I won't know for sure until a month or so beforehand).

-Mark
mwaschak
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by mwaschak »

MarkG88 wrote:
I finally went to Origins for first time ever two years ago, so I may be inclined to go back this year, it'll depend on work and so forth though (meaning I won't know for sure until a month or so beforehand).

-Mark
That might be a good chance to play MAS, and playtest some of the new games too.

We have been trying to figure out how many books and minis to bring since this is all very new to us. I would be tempted to bring some nice prints of MAS too if I thought we could sell them.

-Jay
MarkG88
Commodore
Commodore

Post by MarkG88 »

mwaschak wrote:
MarkG88 wrote:

-Mark
That might be a good chance to play MAS, and playtest some of the new games too.

We have been trying to figure out how many books and minis to bring since this is all very new to us. I would be tempted to bring some nice prints of MAS too if I thought we could sell them.
-Jay
I'd take whatever you can resonably manage to load in your vehicle and so on, it is a rather big event and large crowds. Having your cool minatures on display and running battles with them will draw attention to methinks.

If you can come up with a poster size (11 x 17 or better) print out of MAS rulebook that would be attention grabber as well, it is a very sharp cover. But my F-15 fondness is a factor here too hehe.
jygro
Commander
Commander

Post by jygro »

mwaschak wrote:Hey guys,

-Jay
I am really hoping to make a trip to Origins and Gencon this year. Those conventions are the best (and in the midwest). Love to see VBAM there!

-B
Iron Knight
Lieutanant Commander
Lieutanant Commander

Post by Iron Knight »

Kivlor and I are planning to go to Gencon.
Garland

Prepare today for the demands of tomorrow. Plan your move. - Fortune Cookie Nov. 6
mwaschak
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by mwaschak »

Iron Knight wrote:Kivlor and I are planning to go to Gencon.
THE GenCon, or Gencon Indy? We had considered the latter since three of us are within driving distance.

-Jay
Charles Lewis
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Charles Lewis »

There's only one GenCon again. The one in California folded its tents a year or two ago.
'Fear God and dread nought'
Coat of Arms motto of Baron Fisher, of Kilverstone
Iron Knight
Lieutanant Commander
Lieutanant Commander

Post by Iron Knight »

I thought Indy was 'THE' Gencon, the others playing second hat?
Garland

Prepare today for the demands of tomorrow. Plan your move. - Fortune Cookie Nov. 6
mwaschak
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by mwaschak »

Iron Knight wrote:I thought Indy was 'THE' Gencon, the others playing second hat?
I believe Charlie was right that the other one folded. Anyway, Indy is definitely a possibility too.

-Jay