The Ultimate War Simulation Game

Off-Topic Discussion
MarkG88
Commodore
Commodore

Post by MarkG88 »

I found this link in my strategypage.com newsletter today. Caveat--this is not for the faint of heart, for the non-gamer, nor for anyone who feels compelled to "hug trees" and stuff.

Here is the intro that strategypage had at their website, click on the link to see the whole article if you dare *evil laugh* :twisted:

Like my Grandpa always said, there were no naked human pyramids in Starcraft.

There were no whiny anti-war Hollywood types or questionable war motives or granola-munching protesters. I'm starting to think that even World in Conflict, a real time strategy game so "realistic" it takes a NASA-built Quantum supercomputer to run it, has left me woefully unprepared to fight an actual war.

Well, below is my open letter to the real time strategy gaming cartel. I want a war simulation. A real one. I don't want little cartoon tanks jostling around in a video sandbox chewing down each other's health meters, while a preteen opponent insults my sexuality using every key on his keyboard except the ones with letters. I want an RTS game that will give me a stress headache after an hour and an ulcer after a week. I want to identify experienced players on the street by their 1,000-yard stares.

I want a war sim ...

http://www.cracked.com/article_15660_ul ... -game.html

Any feeback on your favorite "point" (there are 20 of them) would be interesting........ I liked most of them 12, 17 and 18 were among my favorites (i.e. loudest laughs).
Iron Knight
Lieutanant Commander
Lieutanant Commander

Post by Iron Knight »

That is awsome.
Garland

Prepare today for the demands of tomorrow. Plan your move. - Fortune Cookie Nov. 6
wminsing
Commander
Commander

Post by wminsing »

I just about sprayed coffee out my nose as I read it. My favorite are points 11-14. Damn fine way to start my lunch break. :lol:

-Will
"Ships and sail proper for the heavenly air should be fashioned. Then there will also be people, who do not shrink from the dreary vastness of space."
-- Johannes Kepler, 1609
MarkG88
Commodore
Commodore

Post by MarkG88 »

wminsing wrote:I just about sprayed coffee out my nose as I read it. My favorite are points 11-14. Damn fine way to start my lunch break. :lol:

-Will
Sorry Will, you were warned though hehe. Glad you liked it I'm still chuckling a day later.

-Mark