NPO outnumbered.

Discuss the tactics and strategy of operating your own personal mercenary air squadron. Pilots, to your planes!
ianstead
Commander
Commander

NPO outnumbered.

Post by ianstead »

Is it reasonable to assume that unless the are real good or have a good jet/plane any outnumbered bogey will attempt to bug out asap?

A 'relucant' NPO would do it any how, 'Chaos' maybe or not?
"Space is BIG, really big. You just won't believe how vastly hugely mindbogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space."
mwaschak
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by mwaschak »

Unless the NPO calls for them to do so, or they are running out of ammo (see NPO caveat), the bogey probably won't run.

It has been my experience that more sophisticated aircraft have better missiles, and will fight at a distance too. So you may have a situation where a bogey will fire off all his weapons for an easy kill attempt, and then run for it.

-Jay
ianstead
Commander
Commander

Post by ianstead »

My boo boo sorry Jay.

Its actually my 1st mission for Fox Squadron in WW2... so no stand off missiles.

Two Hurricanes vs 1 Lone Ba 27M Metallico +1 pilot
Not rolled his NPO yet. I think even outnumbered 2 to 1 he's got a chance.
Both Hurricane pilots are regulars.

Mind you theres another 2 Hurricanes 1 band away...

:D
"Space is BIG, really big. You just won't believe how vastly hugely mindbogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space."
Charles Lewis
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Charles Lewis »

If he gets initiative and doesn't want to be there, he could just bug out. Odds are, though, that 1 on 2 he might go ahead and try to engage. A quick kill would even up the odds.
'Fear God and dread nought'
Coat of Arms motto of Baron Fisher, of Kilverstone