General VBAM Production Update

News & Announcements
Tyrel Lohr
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

General VBAM Production Update

Post by Tyrel Lohr »

I just wanted to post something quick to let people know where products are at in the production process. I am the chokepoint when it comes to products getting finished and out the door, and since we have two major projects ready to head out soon... well... I'm busy.

Mercenary Air Squadron is almost done. I have the final bits from Jay (I think), as I posted over in the MAS forum. With a little bit of work and double checking to make sure things are in order, that book will be ready and available for sale sometime this next weekend.

Star Charts is getting closer to being done. I have a few rules sections left to write, and then finish generating the remaining star data, star maps and write up blurbs for each of the systems. At that point I will hand it over to the usual suspects for a final read through for editing and then the book will be done.

Since I had to stop to work on MAS this last weekend, Star Chart's release will be delayed for probably a week or two to give me time to complete work on it.

In both cases, the electronic books will be released first, and print copies will be released later. We will have to decide prior to release how to handle customers wanting to purchase both. One option is to take preorders for the print books, and the other is to later offer an option to "upgrade" to the print version once they are available as an additional option on the book. Any preferences? The problem with the upgrade method would be that it could only apply to purchases through our own storefront, not purchases made at other sales sites. We would have to handle those transactions on a case-by-case basis, as we can't offer the same discount on the print copy through us when the electronic version was purchased through an outlet where our own profit is substantially less (to the point we would be shipping books to people, with VBAM and the authors making nothing in return).

After both of these books are released I will probably take a short breather (and play some VBAM!), but otherwise begin work on my next side projects:

Network Mogul: This is a card-based game where players take the reins of a major television network and try to compete over the course of a television season. Play begins with the Upfronts where players bid on new shows to add to their roster. Then the actual television season (and ratings battles) begin as networks try to build their ratings and pander to audience demand in order to score victory during Sweeps! The game will include about 100 Pilot Cards (series that can be played on the board), 100 Studio Cards (Event/Action cards), 40 Actor Cards, and various chits. The chance of this being a physical product are low due to the card count, though if the reception is good for it during playtest I would not be adverse to looking into having it printed. We would probably have to due a GMT 500 type system for it, and I am not sure if there will be that much interest, but if we can have a reasonable chance of recouping costs I would be willing to front the money.

Star Charts, Volume 2: Galactic Encounters. Once the first Star Charts book is (finally) finished, I will begin collecting rules and materials from my notes relating to the theme of "galactic encounters". I foresee this book including a more comprehensive guide to alien artifacts and ruins, derelicts and special encounters/events.

I also have the expanded Underworld Empire rules that I started earlier this year that could be revisited, though that is probably on the back burner for now.
japridemor
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Star Charts

Post by japridemor »

Any new news about the status of Star charts?