Earth-Based, Politics Oriented Campaign?

Playtesting & Rules Development
Leo_Vs_Aidan
Ensign
Ensign

Re: Blatant plug for trading partners etc.

Post by Leo_Vs_Aidan »

MarkG88 wrote:Greetings comrades,

Anyone interested in forming a pre-turn trading bloc etc with the Russian Federation, feel free to contact me here on forum or at email below:

mxgman88@yahoo.com

Assuming this is ok by Tyrel of course. :wink:

-Mark
Of course, the Commonwealth would happily form a trade block with you.

How about a Peace Treaty and Trade Treaty?
"Put a sane man in a room on his own, with a teacosy, and it is only a matter of time before he puts it on his head."

"There are 10 types of people in this world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't."
ronin
Cadet
Cadet

Post by ronin »

Anyone interested in forming a pre-turn trading bloc etc with the Russian Federation, feel free to contact me here on forum or at email below:

mxgman88@yahoo.com

-Mark
Japan and korea would be honoured have trading right with you :)
MarkG88
Commodore
Commodore

Post by MarkG88 »

Leo_Vs_Aidan wrote:

mxgman88@yahoo.com

-Mark
Of course, the Commonwealth would happily form a trade block with you.

How about a Peace Treaty and Trade Treaty?
Sounds good *exchanges diplomats with Commonwealth*

-Mark
MarkG88
Commodore
Commodore

Post by MarkG88 »

ronin wrote:

mxgman88@yahoo.com

-Mark
Japan and korea would be honoured have trading right with you :)
Welcome to EAFTA then (Europe & Asia Free Trade Association). And I can throw in lots more letters for anyone in other continents as well. 8)

-Mark
logan400k
Ensign
Ensign

Post by logan400k »

The African Union is a little bit concerned about a revival of Neo Colonialism to be quite honest. Mercantilist policies by European powers and subsequent Cold War divisiveness lead to a great deal of capital flight. What assurances do we have that this is not another European Amway-like scheme?

SAEU Foreign Minister
Its 2300hrs, do you know where your Supercarrier is?
MarkG88
Commodore
Commodore

Post by MarkG88 »

logan400k wrote:The African Union is a little bit concerned about a revival of Neo Colonialism to be quite honest. Mercantilist policies by European powers and subsequent Cold War divisiveness lead to a great deal of capital flight. What assurances do we have that this is not another European Amway-like scheme?

SAEU Foreign Minister
Sir:

1. Amway is an American based uber-capitalist scheme so don't blame us for that!

2. The Cold War is ancient history foisted upon the world by misguided communists and American neo-colonists.

3. We'd love to have the African Union as a charter member with equal rights and responsibilities for better the member's economies and making all members a significant economic and political force in the New World Order.

4. This trade alliance is an attempt to open all borders to fair and equal trade and not deter it so it is as far from neo-capitalism and mercantilism as the North Pole is from the South Pole.

I will gladly discuss this matter further and any other of your concerns here in public or via email at your pleasure.

respectfully,

Russian Federation PM
strongbif
Ensign
Ensign

Post by strongbif »

I wish I had seen this sooner. I would love to play the shadowy charismatic leader of the Alliance of Free Peoples, an odd tangleweb of organized crime groups, corrupt government officials, idealist political malcontents, lunatics, hackers and anarchists united under the common belief that all established governments are oppressive failures that no longer serve the needs of their people. Its members and leaders hide in plain sight among the established territories and use the Internet to communicate and organize. There are more of them than you think. They could be your neighbor, or serve beside you on a starship. Fear their raiding fleets- they may be small, but they always seem to know right where to strike, and when to hide. Production is generated through the black and gray markets all around the world. Starships are captured, though some smaller craft could turn up missing in an inventory without being properly investigated.

If it's not too late, I'd like to play. I've only just read the Campaign Guide, and haven't seen any other published material or played before. If I'd be too much of a hindrance, feel free to give the AFP to someone else.
Rainer
Commander
Commander

Post by Rainer »

The People's Republic of China supports the idea of free trade with our neighbors. Of course if one of those neighbors has occupied Taiwan a trade treaty will face some difficulties.

Defensive arrangements with our neighbors may also be possible (but some more background info from Tyrel will be necessary for that).
logan400k
Ensign
Ensign

Post by logan400k »

The African Union would be amenable to a trade relationship with the trade bloc suggested by the Russian Federation. We re of course also open to those who wish to abstain from said bloc but still wish to seek out trade partners.

SAEU Foreign Minister
Its 2300hrs, do you know where your Supercarrier is?
MarkG88
Commodore
Commodore

Post by MarkG88 »

Rainer wrote:The People's Republic of China supports the idea of free trade with our neighbors. Of course if one of those neighbors has occupied Taiwan a trade treaty will face some difficulties.

Defensive arrangements with our neighbors may also be possible (but some more background info from Tyrel will be necessary for that).
Our diplomats will be in contact with yours post haste sir. :wink:
MarkG88
Commodore
Commodore

Post by MarkG88 »

logan400k wrote:The African Union would be amenable to a trade relationship with the trade bloc suggested by the Russian Federation. We re of course also open to those who wish to abstain from said bloc but still wish to seek out trade partners.

SAEU Foreign Minister
We look forward to mutually beneficial economic agreements with the African Union.
murtalianconfederacy
Captain
Captain

Post by murtalianconfederacy »

Sorry guys, I was planning on having a good time in the campaign, but I'm going to have to withdraw from the campaign. Sorry.
Not every laser dot has a loaded gun at the end of it
MadSeason
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

European Union

Post by MadSeason »

As a peaceful trading bloc, the European Union looks forward to trading with all earthly powers and their colonies. Once the game begins, we will begin sending out diplomats to open trade routes across the globe.

Foreign Minister,
European Union
Duty is heavy as a mountain,
Death is light as a feather.
Rainer
Commander
Commander

Post by Rainer »

Tyrel, any news?
Tyrel Lohr
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Tyrel Lohr »

Sorry for the long delay. Since I last posted:

* I had to get VBAM's accounting changed over to another program and do federal income taxes.

* I got sick for a week.

* I had to make up the work that I missed that week.

* I got side tracked on Star Charts and Those Who Serve writing.

That being said, I am back on track for getting something tangible to everyone early next week. Sorry for the delays and lack of communication; I have been working 9am to midnight 6 days a week the last three weeks, so I haven't had the time to get things finished up. I will rectify that situation, however, and hopefully I will have time to do that this weekend (barring any other distractions).

Onward we shall march!