Glorious Stars Intro (feel free to jump in)

Playtesting & Rules Development
mwaschak
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Glorious Stars Intro (feel free to jump in)

Post by mwaschak »

It is well know that the FTL routes to Sol, our ancestral home and former heart of the Terran Hegemony, is under the control of House Raptor. After the fall of the Hegemony, House Raptor under Duke Erasmus Raptor, quickly moved in from their home at Caledonia. Outsiders were banned from Sol from this day forward. Any unofficial ship entering Sol was dispatched and never heard from again. The only news is what House Raptor brings, and what their belligerent neighbhors, House Alhzared has been able to sneak out.
All formal business for the New Earth Empire is done at Sigma. While the system itself is of little industrial value, the population approaches seven trillion humans and all under the great star fortresses of House Raptor. These great stations contain the NEE Assembly, meeting place of the houses, all originally built under the Hegemony. It is in this hall that Viola Raptor, the current Emperors niece addresses the NEE Assembly. Behind her stands the large green banner of House Raptor.

"Assembly delegates, then we have a concensus...House Boudicca will serve the next year as Head of the NEE Assembly. In accordance to our charter they will have double the normal Assembly vote and second only to Emperor Marcel in presenting new legistlation to the Assembly."

Assembly: All houses may submit legistlation. A maximum of three will be voted on, or retracted, each voting cycle (turn). Voting power is based on Census under your control. The Head of the NEE Assembly has double the normal votes. The Imperial House, has four times, but normally obstains. Both have veto power, but the Emperor may veto the Head of the Assembly vetoes, which is extremely rare.

Current Laws:

Peace and Prosperity Act: Due to a rise in violence between the minor houses no ship with ASSAULT may be constructed at this time. This may be revisited by future legistlation and revision.

Limited Hulls: Due to extreme violence between House Aigle and House Kithai it was voted that each house may only have one prototype project each year.

Lend and Protect: House Raptor has access to all of the Hegemony's arsenal. It is willing to lend these elements to houses in need. This must be done publically and with the understanding that lent vessels may be destroyed at any time by the embedded Imperial Agents.

Enforcement: There is a reward for any house catching another breaking interstellar law, which will bring about punitive action from another house and possibly the Imperial fleet. Imperial enforcement vessels are spread throughout most house systems and serve to deter piracy as well as enforce the law.

Imperial House
House Raptor (me)
Homeworld: Caledonia

Great Houses
House Phoenix: virtutis.umbra (Need email)
Homeworld: Arcturus

House Trask: Jimmy Simpson <jimmycsimpson@gmail.com>
Homeworld: Lacerta

House Echelon: Iron Skies (Need email)
Homeworld: Spica

House Boudicca: Steve Brindle <stevetheerb@yahoo.com>
Homeworld: Gienah

House Alhazred: Tyrel Lohr <tyrellohr@gmail.com>
Homeworld: Carcosa

Minor Houses

House K'Tah
Cliff Frick <duxdarius@gmail.com
Homeworld: Bernard's Star

House Cirle
DERIC PAGE St <deric.page@usa.net>
Homeworld: Peregral

House Far Stars
Mavikfelna <malexanderaustin@gmail.com>
Homeworld: Vega

House Kestrel
John Kelly <john@onecleverdude.com>
Homeworld: Eridanus

House Thoth
TangoTarheel (Need email)
Homeworld: Tropilak

House WInton
Samuel Aten <texasmich_1999@yahoo.com>
Homeworld: Ecabore

House Aigle
Alex <venomblue2@yahoo.com>
Homeworld: Aranti

House Craytan
Geoffrey Stano <kosnett@hotmail.com>
Homeworld: Steyran

House Hannover
Chris Beilby <clbeilby@gmail.com>
Homeworld: Concordia

NHouse Vasilyev
Paul BROWN <pbcbrown@shaw.ca>
Homeworld: New Detroit

House Kithai
NAXO2000 <gnacio.j.victoria@gmail.com>
Homeworld: Dunhama

House Scoote
Stad (Need email)
Homeworld: Reverence

House Asgard
Doc <docagren@aol.com>
Homeworld: Hlidskallf

House Wolf
Paul Dyson <mythosaddict@gmail.com>
Homeworld: Wolfsbane

House Dorgoth
Emiricol (Need email)
Homeworld: Fairport

House Suratte
Dave Cheever 1stnizhniinarkom@gmail.com
Homeworld: Lusk
Stad
Ensign
Ensign

Re: Glorious Stars Intro (feel free to jump in)

Post by Stad »

virtutis.umbra
The Critic
The Critic

Post by virtutis.umbra »

Code: Select all

[Publicly Transmitted Open Communique]
Begin Transmission
Greetings Lady Raptor,

With the commencement of the new legislative session, I wish to reach out and explicitly re-establish a spirit of collegiality between Houses Raptor and Phoenix, doubtless to our mutual benefit throughout the session. You may direct personal communications to the Arcturan delegation via the following transluminal communications endpoint:

virtutisNOSPAM [dot] umbra [at] gmail.com
Please feel free to update the public delegation directory to that effect.

Yours sincerely,
Citizen Shareholder Landry Aigrette
Senior VP of Interstellar Affairs, Incorporated Republic of Phoenix
Ambassador, NEE Assembly - Arcturus Delegation, New Earth Empire

End Transmission
-Patrick
crit·ic /ˈkritik : Someone who knows the way but can't drive the car. -- Kenneth Tynan
Tyrel Lohr
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Tyrel Lohr »

It should be obvious to everyone by now that the Emperor and his Boudiccan attack dogs are not to be trusted. The Emperor definitely doesn't have the best interests of the minor houses in mind; if he did, he would have proudly appointed one of them to the position of Assembly chair for this session. It is well known among the galactic community that House Alhazred has long served as a shining beacon of compassion for the minor houses. Our voice is your voice, and is our greatest desire to tear down the old guard and make way for the new powers that continue to emerge from the ashes of the Hegemony. The Great Houses -- yes, even my own -- is a vestige of those dying days that should be allowed to pass peacefully into a chorus of equal voices, not a single despotic cacophony issued from imperial throats.
[i]"Touch not the pylons, for they are the messengers!"[/i]
mwaschak
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by mwaschak »

Greetings Esteemed Citizen Shareholder Landry Aigrette,

It is a great honor to discuss galactic affairs with you yet again. I assure you on behalf of my uncle that galactic peace and prosperity lies ahead for all our houses in the years ahead now that the corrupt Hegemony is gone.

Lady Viola Raptor
Imperial Delegation
virtutis.umbra wrote:

[Publicly Transmitted Open Communique]
Begin Transmission
Greetings Lady Raptor,

With the commencement of the new legislative session, I wish to reach out and explicitly re-establish a spirit of collegiality between Houses Raptor and Phoenix, doubtless to our mutual benefit throughout the session. You may direct personal communications to the Arcturan delegation via the following transluminal communications endpoint:

virtutisNOSPAM [dot] umbra [at] gmail.com
Please feel free to update the public delegation directory to that effect.

Yours sincerely,
Citizen Shareholder Landry Aigrette
Senior VP of Interstellar Affairs, Incorporated Republic of Phoenix
Ambassador, NEE Assembly - Arcturus Delegation, New Earth Empire

End Transmission
mwaschak
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by mwaschak »

House Alhazred should not be so surprised that they have yet again been passed over for Head of the Galactic Assembly. While House Raptor voted, it was the agreement of all houses that you don't carry this burden for this year. I can see why though, after the suspicious handling of the pirates in your region, that your house would be considered less admirable than the other great houses.

On behalf of House Raptor, I hope we can put family history aside and move forward as one empire to a better tomorrow.
Tyrel Lohr wrote:It should be obvious to everyone by now that the Emperor and his Boudiccan attack dogs are not to be trusted. The Emperor definitely doesn't have the best interests of the minor houses in mind; if he did, he would have proudly appointed one of them to the position of Assembly chair for this session. It is well known among the galactic community that House Alhazred has long served as a shining beacon of compassion for the minor houses. Our voice is your voice, and is our greatest desire to tear down the old guard and make way for the new powers that continue to emerge from the ashes of the Hegemony. The Great Houses -- yes, even my own -- is a vestige of those dying days that should be allowed to pass peacefully into a chorus of equal voices, not a single despotic cacophony issued from imperial throats.
Tyrel Lohr
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Tyrel Lohr »

Lady Viola, I can only hope that you don't personally believe the lies and defamatory remarks that you bring to this chamber. It does not reflect well upon yourself or the Imperial title that you represent. I can only hope that none of our friends among the assembly are swayed by your vicious slander. I have many insinuations that I could make against House Raptor, but I won't bring them before this forum without irrefutable evidence to back up my words. Can you say the same, Lady? And what of the rest of your house?

The day of the Great Houses should be at an end. It's time for us to work together to tear down the walls of inequality before they suffocate this institution.

- Grand Prince Alhazred
gstano
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by gstano »

Post removed at this time.
It's not as bad as it turned out to be.
Tyrel Lohr
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Tyrel Lohr »

gstano wrote:Post removed at this time.
"Do you, House Raptor, deny that the Empire has placed a major strike fleet in Steyran?... Don't wait for the translation! Yes or no?"

:)
gstano
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by gstano »

Ha ha ha. Nicely done Tyrel, nicely done. I had a "rules" question, but it didn't fit this thread. Let's see if I can change that.

We return to the NEE Assembly and House Craytan has received their time for their opening remarks as Representative Altorin sa Jenlon speaks.

Honored Lady Viola of Imperial House Raptor,
Honored members of the Great Houses,
and Honored members of all representatives of the New Earth Empire.

House Craytan extends its congratulations to Great House Boudicca and their selection. House Craytan does not have a comment on the discussion between the Imperial House Raptor and Great House Alhazred. However, Grand Prince Alhazred has a valid statement concerning the actions of this Great Assembly. There is an interest among the Houses of all walks to develop the more "neutral" systems and not to mention a new age of exploration is dawning. The Houses will be interacting more in the coming years than the past few decades combined and many will look to this Great Assembly for those guidelines to lead this Empire to a new era of peace and prosperity.
It's not as bad as it turned out to be.
Stad
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Stad »

House Scoote Communication

Greetings fellow Terrans and followers of the Word. En'Scootra Tro-losh sends wishes of prosperity and good will. This is the Holy Year of the Gnat. A powerful parasite that helped to end the conflict of the Proxotiz Conflict over 3 centuries ago. Blessed be the will of Scootra. Protector of All"

House Scoote is busy with establishing this year pilgrimages into House Scoote territory, as is close to announcing exploration missions to bring the Light to the outer reaches to the Galactic South and East.

Motions to the Council - Request for additional funding to the Skeetra Colonizer Project. This massive star cruiser with the capacity to bring 2 census of colonists to new worlds is close to finishing. However, raising concerns over perceived lack of effective armament to repel pirates is an issue to be discussed.

End of Communication

Thought of the Day - Piracy is a thorn of displeasure that must be eradicated, even if used for good. - Scootra the 11th.
Iron Sky
Lieutanant Commander
Lieutanant Commander

Post by Iron Sky »

House Echelon Communique

First Tier Elect Citizen Emrella Duedine

House Echelon wholeheartedly agrees with the the eloquent En'Scootra Tro-losh. With the dissolution of the Hegemony, we predict a massive surge of piracy as they move in to exploit the lack of centralized military authority. Why should House Raptor control the Hegemony arsenal and parcel it out at their discretion alone? I propose that at least several vessels suitable for combating pirates be distributed to each of the houses on a per-system basis to combat the immanent overwhelming increase in economic and personal destruction that experts are predicting as being 550% more than current levels based on in-depth non-partisan analysis.

Do I have second? For the proposal, I mean. Sadly, dueling is not permitted in the Assembly... which leads me to my next point, that being...

A minor additional proposal to help smooth out any diplomatic issues that arise in the Assembly: I propose the construction of two sanctioned 10m dueling circles on the Assembly grounds, the institution of Echelon-style duel-rights within a mile of Assembly grounds, and also the right to carry edged, non-ceremonial swords on Assembly grounds to avoid infringing on the near-sacred traditions and customs of certain members of the Assembly.

To ensure equality, all members of the Assembly would be given Damarand Steelworks NanAlloy Searblades, flawless weapons purchased from the best swordsmithies in the galaxy by a procurement from the Assembly so that every member has an equal chance in the dueling ring should things overstep the bounds of protocol and proper decorum. Should such a proposal be agreed upon, House Echelon graciously offers to help facilitate the hiring of the best sword masters in humanity for any members desiring to develop their skills further.

Second?
Last edited by Iron Sky on Sun May 19, 2013 4:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tyrel Lohr
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Tyrel Lohr »

House Alhazred agrees that each house should share the responsibility of policing the empire against pirate threats, but we also believe that the Imperial House should bear a large part of the cost of those anti-piracy patrols. Much depends on what the Assembly decides to do about the neutral systems once that information is available, but I would ask the houses to consider passing a law that calls for House Raptor to pay the maintenance costs of all house fleets that are used to patrol these systems.

As for the proposal set forth by our esteemed brothers from House Echelon, we must politely disagree; allowing dueling on the Assembly ground would do nothing to satisfy honor or forward civil political discourse. Not everyone that sits in this hall is as honorable as the swordmasters of Echelon IV. I wouldn't trust the members of Houses Raptor or Boudicca to not instigate such duels, hiring expert blades to cut down their political rivals. It's fairly obvious to those of us on Carcosa that the Imperial House is not to be trusted. They won't tell us about what has happened in Sol, why should we trust them with this? It makes no sense.
Emiricol
Captain
Captain

Post by Emiricol »

jmenefee at gmail dot com

More later when my kids aren't visiting :)
mwaschak
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by mwaschak »

Indeed House Craytan, it is the belief and future policy of House Raptor that neutral territory needs to be established. This is no more true than the area near this very facility in Sigma. The Emperor intends to create a prosperity zone, where House Raptor will turn over control of production worlds to Houses he feels are contributing most to the goals of the NEE. There are five significant systems that many of your diplomatic vessels passed on the way here which we will be passing governorship, and profits to these fit houses.

Grand Prince Alhazred, as always, we are honored that you make the trip here yourself when so many other houses send their cousin's, uncle's nephew or any other House family member with the right speak-and-spell chip install. To that end House Raptor does not hold a grudge. If you choice to go forward from this moment without so much as a word about various pirate organizations sponsored by House Alhazred, after all, who else makes a type IV plasma missile with fusion drives, then neither will will.

House Echelon, your tongue is as quick as your blade, your thoughts on our legitimate seizing of the Hegemony arsenal is well known. I will add that outside of a brief conflict with House Alhazred the newly minted warships of House Raptor are used for law enforcement and protection of Imperial assets. This is the third time you have asked and dueling circles will NOT be added to this facility. You can fight on your own ships should your unique means of conflict resolution need to be done. Our duel training is excellent, bit House Echelon's quality is a mark above even the best.

House Alhazred does have a valid point. While we will not pay for your patrol fleet's fuel, we will support new anti-piracy initiatives. We are aware a transition from the Hegemony has introduced much instability. In fact, several house are reporting increased raids on their assets even this week. This should be discussed, but we want it known that any house's involvement in piracy will not be tolerated.

And to House Alhazred we will only say this, we always have a strike fleet pointed at Steyran. You never know with House Craytan ;) .