Empire Set up

BLHarrison
Lieutanant Commander
Lieutanant Commander

Empire Set up

Post by BLHarrison »

When using the empire set up, when you buy a colony, does that include a lane (or lanes) connecting the system to the rest of the empire? Or do you have to purchase the lane as an "already explored lane"?

I've assumed the latter in my playtesting, but I thought I would as for clarification
Tyrel Lohr
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Tyrel Lohr »

How the system works is that you start with your one starting system, and then you will spend empire setup points to explore lanes outward from there (granted that they are all unexplored, more on that later). Then, once you have explored that lane, you then get to generate stats for the system on the other end. Now that you know another system you can then place a colony there. Rinse and repeat.

Now if you are a new empire on a map that already has lanes explored, you don't need to explore the lanes first as they have already technically been explored, so then you can just place colonies as you see fit.

Oh, and any system you have explored to will have all of its interplanetary lanes already explored. I will make a note about this, too. In fact, I think that all interplanetary lanes should probably start explored, as there are very few scenarios where unexplored interplanetary lanes make any sense.

I will make sure to get this cleared up in the next edit.

-Tyrel
[i]"Touch not the pylons, for they are the messengers!"[/i]