Mass Effect VBAM

General Discussion
TalosX
Ensign
Ensign

Mass Effect VBAM

Post by TalosX »

I was waiting for 2E's release, but it doesn't seem like it's quite ready yet. So I might as well get this started. Looking for 2 things:

1) A little assistance fleshing the rules out for the setting. Since the game is based in the Mass Effect universe, I need to work out some minor details. Like system and cluster movement. Movement from each cluster is near instant from mass relays, so no biggy there. I also wanna work Element Zero into the game as a required resource for ship construction. This means I need to ensure it is spread throughout the universe, and quantify how much each ship requires for construction. Any idea's?

2) I'm looking to recruit 5 or 6 players. While the over-arching theme is the Mass Effect universe, players will have the option to create their own unique race. You are also welcome to play as one of the current races if that's something your interested in doing. Their will be some ME races making appearances regardless (the Geth boogey-men, Volus traders, etc) so their will be some minor NPE play. No reapers though, so don't worry about that. PM me if your I retested and let me know what race you're interested in playing (a general summary of your race if it's new to the ME universe).
wminsing
Commander
Commander

Re: Mass Effect VBAM

Post by wminsing »

For System/Cluster Movement, just treat each cluster as it's own self-contained map, using the normal jump lane rules. For Element Zero, I'd consider something like 'maximum number of EP worth of ships each turn = economic output of all colonies with Element Zero'. That keeps it easy and scales with the size/cost of the ship easily. I think you'll need to 'hand place' Element Zero locations though to ensure balance.

I would DEFINITELY be interesting in playing, if you're still looking to run this.

-Will
"Ships and sail proper for the heavenly air should be fashioned. Then there will also be people, who do not shrink from the dreary vastness of space."
-- Johannes Kepler, 1609