Rules summary?

General Discussion
nessin
Ensign
Ensign

Rules summary?

Post by nessin »

Just wondering if there is some sort of rules summary I could provide to people who I play with online that don't have the book? I've got several of my local friends interested in playing, but its difficult to get everyone together in person with the time to play. Which leaves an online only option. Combine that with the fact that we're all a little wary of investing in games we haven't tried yet and I can't convince them to pick up a copy of the basic rule book.

If I can get them interested and going, I'm sure they'd buy a copy. Hell, I'd even buy copies for them if it came to that. I just need something basic I can provide to allow them to get through one PBEM bare bones game to see if it can become a regular event.
Tyrel Lohr
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Tyrel Lohr »

Given that it is a game with your local group, I don't see any real problem with sharing the electronic version of the book with them; it isn't like you are uploading a .torrent of it somewhere or anything. To my mind it would be the same thing as if in the old days you copied off sections of a rulebook for your local gaming group.

If they end up liking the game, then they can pick up a copy of the book later. But the important thing right now is just to see if the game is a good fit for your gaming group.

-Tyrel
[i]"Touch not the pylons, for they are the messengers!"[/i]
nessin
Ensign
Ensign

Post by nessin »

Much appreciated. I'll have to end up making a rules summary (somewhere along the lines I think I moved my VBAM PDFs in prep for backing them up and didn't move the VBAM Campaign Guide, so I've got everything from Empire Rising on down in PDF and Hard Copy, except the PDF copy of the Campaign Guide), but at least I don't have to agonize over providing too much detail in making it up.