MAS gamebox for live internet play using ZunTzu 1.2

Discuss the tactics and strategy of operating your own personal mercenary air squadron. Pilots, to your planes!
vizpub
Ensign
Ensign

MAS gamebox for live internet play using ZunTzu 1.2

Post by vizpub »

Jay said I should post this, so here goes! :-) (Be careful what you wish for...) :-P

Ok guys, I have not played my copy of MAS but I got so excited I made a gamebox for it for a new Play-by-internet tool called ZunTzu (not Cyberboard) - go to http:\\www.zuntzu.com to get it. It is FREE and allows for live internet play!

I have not done any Scenarios for it, as it is very much a custom thing. BUt all the components are there, I even included a slightly random collection of markers for Pilot Names and Call signs.

ZunTzu you can download from the ZunTzu site.

To download the MAS ZunTzu gamebox, go to http://www.vizpub.com/dl/MAS.ztb and it is about 14Mb.

There WILL be questions like "where are the plane logs?" and "Where are the pilot logs" and HOW DO I USE THIS THING WITH MY BUDDIES??" and I will answer them all on the forum here, as best I can.

The docs for ZunTzu itself are on its website, and are short but to the point for using the software, though slightly incomplete. OTOH The forums there are EXCELLENT for finding answers and the designer is online there as well (sound familiar?). :-) I found the answers to ALL my questions there form previous posts. And I have been digging into the use of the program myself, and I at least can say how I designed this MAS gamebox to work. :-)

BTW, if you notice anything that needs to be changed in the gamebox, please let me know!

There will be a bit of a learning curve for ZT (its easy really, its a virtual map and dice and counters, not turn based, everybody is online together so you have to be disciplined and courteous to yield the mouse! Also has video I hear and chat by text and audio! Have not used that yet) In any case I will be learning as well, but will be looking forward to anybody who wants to play! :-)

I know Jay has downloaded the gamebox but I do not know if he has had the chance to look at it as yet. Chime in!:-)

Maybe we can get a tourney together or something?!? Let the forum know your thoughts, but its out ther eto play! :-)
Keith Tracton
MarkG88
Commodore
Commodore

Post by MarkG88 »

Well this just sounds pretty friggin cool vizpub, thanks! 8) :D

-Mark
Gareth_Perkins
Captain
Captain

Re: MAS gamebox for live internet play using ZunTzu 1.2

Post by Gareth_Perkins »

vizpub wrote: There WILL be questions like "where are the plane logs?" and "Where are the pilot logs" and HOW DO I USE THIS THING WITH MY BUDDIES??" and I will answer them all on the forum here, as best I can.
Neat,

So where are the plane and pilot logs? (You wouldn't want to be disappointed would you? I had to ask the obvious questions)

What are the four 'Mission MAS' tabs for?

It's slightly annoying that the tools obscure part of the tab bar - but that's hardly your fault,

Looks like you've done a really good job - and it's nice to see games other than counter-war-games starting to appear for Zun Tzu because it's a really well executed program,
Gareth Lazelle
vizpub
Ensign
Ensign

Post by vizpub »

MarkG88 wrote:Well this just sounds pretty friggin cool vizpub, thanks! 8) :D

-Mark

Thanks! (I hope it really works out that way...) ;-)
Keith Tracton
vizpub
Ensign
Ensign

Re: MAS gamebox for live internet play using ZunTzu 1.2

Post by vizpub »

Gareth_Perkins wrote:
vizpub wrote: There WILL be questions like "where are the plane logs?" and "Where are the pilot logs" and HOW DO I USE THIS THING WITH MY BUDDIES??" and I will answer them all on the forum here, as best I can.
Neat,

So where are the plane and pilot logs? (You wouldn't want to be disappointed would you? I had to ask the obvious questions)

What are the four 'Mission MAS' tabs for?

It's slightly annoying that the tools obscure part of the tab bar - but that's hardly your fault,

Looks like you've done a really good job - and it's nice to see games other than counter-war-games starting to appear for Zun Tzu because it's a really well executed program,

:-) No obvious questions, just unasked ones. :-)

Question #1: Where are the logs? There is a "Terrain Tiles" object in ZT and it allows placing terrain tiles and then locking them down so counters will be on top. In the lower right hand corner is an icon shaped like a trowel (that's a gerdening tool, thus earth for us geeky types). Click it and two additional map tabs will appear at the extereme right of the tab list: Pilot Logs and Plane logs!

Now since the pilot logs and plane logs are "terrain" to be placed first, you move them to your "hand" (i.e. card-hand, its the hand shaped icon in the lower right corner. Then switch tabs, then move a pilot or plane log out of your hand to the map tab you want, usually one of the MAS tabs.

A couple of benefits: you can generate as many terrain tiles from a terrain tile in your hand as you want! But delete the terrain tile in your hand to get to the next one. :-) And all the counters disappear when you are in Terrain Edit mode (i.e. you have clicked the trowel), so its also a quick and dirty way to see the map under a bunch of counters. :-)

When doen placing Pilot logs and plane logs, click the trowel to return to regular-play-mode and all the counters will come back, the logs will be locked down and unmovable (and stacked on the bottom), and the Plane and Pilot log map-tabs will be hidden. :-)

Question#2: What are the MAs tabs? I discussed it with Jay and it seems like 4 would be a reasonable number of players in a multi-player game of MAS. Each has his own map for logs, thus the 4 MAS tabs. :-) I believe the "eye" icon in the lower right corner can hide or show certain maps. I am not sure if that can be assigned by player. It certainly would behoove multi-player play if the other players cannot see your logs, but, heck, they would be playing the enemy NPPs anyways! :-)

I have an image with a visual take on this, anybody have any ideas about how I can post it to the forum? :-) Thx!

Thanks for the feedback! :-)
Keith Tracton
mwaschak
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by mwaschak »

Thank you Keith!

Alright pilots, once we get this figured out who is up for a game or informal tournament?

-Jay
vizpub
Ensign
Ensign

Post by vizpub »

mwaschak wrote:Thank you Keith!

Alright pilots, once we get this figured out who is up for a game or informal tournament?

-Jay
I know I am! :-) think of me as the voluntary target, it being my first game... :-)
Keith Tracton
echoco
Commander
Commander

Post by echoco »

I'll give it a go too, as soon as I download and get everythign working.
mwaschak
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by mwaschak »

So who is up for a game this week? :D
ianstead
Commander
Commander

Post by ianstead »

Most intriguing.
"Space is BIG, really big. You just won't believe how vastly hugely mindbogglingly big it is. I mean, you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space."
galvindane
Cadet
Cadet

Reply : MAS gamebox for live internet play using ZunTzu 1.2

Post by galvindane »

Hello Ensign,

First of all your gameboxe name ZunTzu is so good. I have seen your website and download it and play your game. I feel really enjoying when i was ply this game. Thanks to you because it is free... It is take a to much time for downloading because it is size to big like 14Mb. I have also feel enjoying when I was playing r4 games..
r4 games
bunkfoss
Cadet
Cadet

Post by bunkfoss »

The link doesn't seem to be working anymore. Does anyone know where I can get the module now?

Thanks!

Bryan
vizpub
Ensign
Ensign

Link is back!

Post by vizpub »

bunkfoss wrote:The link doesn't seem to be working anymore. Does anyone know where I can get the module now?

Thanks!

Bryan
Sorry, the file accidentally was inadvertently removed during download file house cleaning, I have re-established it! :-)

http://www.vizpub.com/dl/MAS.ztb

Enjoy! :-)
Keith Tracton
bunkfoss
Cadet
Cadet

Post by bunkfoss »

Thanks Keith!
vizpub
Ensign
Ensign

Post by vizpub »