Federation Admiral Public Update

Other Source Material and Settings
mwaschak
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by mwaschak »

Gareth_Perkins wrote:I'm not sure I'd count as a new player (and I appreciate that new players should get priority), but if you do have any spare slots and don't mind me being in a totally different time-zone feel free to count me in for the pbem game,
I think we will find room for everyone, honestly. A lot will depend on what kind of complexity and scale the players on the whole want to play too.

-Jay
mwaschak
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

From ADB's Blog

Post by mwaschak »

ADB Staff Meeting: Reviewed progress on projects. Voted to kick F&E 2010, Fed Admiral, and FCB3 to next year and move Captain’s Log up to 16 November.

----

Sorry everyone.

-Jay
Gareth_Perkins
Captain
Captain

Post by Gareth_Perkins »

Doh!

Any date for next year?

Guess it just goes to show the speed-differences between a pdf production and print-copies ;)
Gareth Lazelle
mwaschak
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by mwaschak »

Gareth_Perkins wrote: Any date for next year?
I am lax to say at this point because this is all subject to change. So I am going to let it sit there and get back in line with the rest of the fellows for 2E.

-Jay
Shadow Warrior
Commander
Commander

Post by Shadow Warrior »

Who can say? It seems to be perceived as a 'problem' project at ADB. Well, maybe not a problem as such, but one that would take a large amount of their time to get sorted out and printed, time that is in short supply and that will always get spent on their own products first and foremost.

We're not going to see this product in the stores until they get a gap in their own schedule. Seems like January/February will be taken up with FCB3 and F&E 2010, so spring time maybe?

:(

On another note, I have sent you my comments on the scenarios you kindly sent me, Jay. Very interesting reading indeed. I look forward to details on the PBEM game.
Charles Lewis
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Charles Lewis »

FCB #3 is actually in direct support of Federation Admiral as it will add a number of ships to Federation Commander that we needed for FA. So far, FCB #3 has been scheduled for the month after FA, whenever that month ends up actually happening.
'Fear God and dread nought'
Coat of Arms motto of Baron Fisher, of Kilverstone
Shadow Warrior
Commander
Commander

Post by Shadow Warrior »

Ah, I didn't know that. Maybe February then. Hard to see that FA would bump F&E 2010 in the schedule as that is a guaranteed money earner for ADB (plus they have already paid to have the counters printed).

My pure guesswork schedule then would be:

Jan: F&E 2010
Feb: FA
Mar: FCB3
Charles Lewis
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Charles Lewis »

Your guess is as good as mine. Shall we start a pool? :lol:
'Fear God and dread nought'
Coat of Arms motto of Baron Fisher, of Kilverstone
Shadow Warrior
Commander
Commander

Post by Shadow Warrior »

Great idea! Could be a decent lottery win in there for somebody.

I think Feb is the absolutely best case scenario, so I wouldn't advise anyone to raise the stakes to Jan!
terryoc
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by terryoc »

Steve Cole posted a memo in regards to the Federation Admiralty project in the FA section of the www.starfleetgames.com forums. I won't cross-post it here, since I'm not sure what the policy is regarding that on the starfleetgames site and Steve may prefer discussion to happen on the star fleet games boards. The memo explains what is happening in regards to FA and why.

It's clear from the memo that ADB is committed to doing FA and to doing it right, however. I personally very much look forward to playing an FA campaign. :D
Gareth_Perkins
Captain
Captain

Post by Gareth_Perkins »

terryoc wrote:Steve Cole posted a memo in regards to the Federation Admiralty project in the FA section of the www.starfleetgames.com forums.
Whereabouts?

Can you link it directly?
Gareth Lazelle
mriddle
Commander
Commander

Post by mriddle »

Gareth_Perkins wrote:
terryoc wrote:Steve Cole posted a memo in regards to the Federation Admiralty project in the FA section of the www.starfleetgames.com forums.
Whereabouts?

Can you link it directly?
http://www.starfleetgames.com/federatio ... php?t=1869
Shadow Warrior
Commander
Commander

My personal interpretation and by no means official estimate

Post by Shadow Warrior »

Q2 / 2010

:cry:
Wolverin61
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Wolverin61 »

To say I'm disappointed at the delay of the release of FA is an understatement. I am soooo looking forward to getting a copy and preparing a local campaign. Oh well, my opponent wouldn't be able to play until after the first of the year anyway; otherwise, I'm sure we'd have signed up for playtesting.
"His pattern indicates two-dimensional thinking."
Shadow Warrior
Commander
Commander

Post by Shadow Warrior »

Yeah, totally gutted. Been waiting with baiited breath for this product from the moment it was announced, It doesn't bode well at all when Steve Cole says things like "I suspect if someone had shown me the final manuscript before I wrote the contract that I would have just forgotten the whole idea".

But then again he also adds "I spent entire days formatting the second draft to the point I could actually print it out and read it, and I made so many marks and corrections on that draft that I’m just too terrified to even look at the more recent drafts" so you can hardly blame him I guess.