What has that Bandit Guy Been Up To?

Off-Topic Discussion
Bandit
Lieutanant Commander
Lieutanant Commander

What has that Bandit Guy Been Up To?

Post by Bandit »

Howdy!

Some of you may be asking, what has Bandit been up to?

For starters my new-ish email is elbandit AT gmail DOT com. I stopped using Outlook a while back and never check the RR accounts anymore. Probably need to at some point.

Last couple of years I have been sucked into the World of Warcraft. It ate up a lot of my free time and creativity. For last couple of months I have not been playing at all and was amazed at how quickly the juices started to flow. I cancelled the account for the second and last time today. I am officially done with the game, and it is off the Hard Drive. Yay me!

Given my creative energies being renewed, I have started several different projects!

Currently in the works are two movie scripts. Apparently dealing with crazy computer clients is not enough for me, I need to also deal with the craziness of Hollywood. One is a romantic comedy centered on a geek male lead and his odd relationship with his teenage daughter - which is very much the story of my life.

The other one is very much a sci-fi/fantasy thriller. I can't really say much about it expect it is about a female comic book artist and her imaginary fantasy world similar to Conan. It is still shaping up.

I recently bid on the Shadowrun license when it was potentially up for grabs. The jackals at Catalyst Game Labs managed to keep it, but it lead me to a new idea - why don't I just write my own RPG. On top of everything else, I decided to start up an gaming company to churn out products. Name is being finalized at the moment.

As far as products go, I already have some generic counters for table top war games including D&D 4E ready to go. I have a miniatures skirmish game in the works as well as a role-playing game system to go along with it. On the back burner is my space combat game. Love space combat games not sure how large of a market they are anymore.

One of the unique things my company is gonna offer is convention support services. For instance, so many gaming cons fail to have any sort of online registration of their games. We could offer them that, for a price. This is what comes from 15 years of running conventions.

I figure I will eventually hit the big time with one of these projects or die of too much stress!

In the meantime, I am thinking about doing another VBAM game. Would there be interest in a Trek or maybe B5 VBAM 2E game?

Thoughts?
-Sean Martinez

"Only an idiot would fight a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the Kingdom of Idiots would fight a war on twelve fronts."
nimrodd
Commander
Commander

Re: What has that Bandit Guy Been Up To?

Post by nimrodd »

Bandit wrote:In the meantime, I am thinking about doing another VBAM game. Would there be interest in a Trek or maybe B5 VBAM 2E game?
Ooh! ooh! ooh! [handraised]

B5! B5! B5!

[/handraised]
Jimmy Simpson
mwaschak
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: What has that Bandit Guy Been Up To?

Post by mwaschak »

nimrodd wrote:
Bandit wrote:In the meantime, I am thinking about doing another VBAM game. Would there be interest in a Trek or maybe B5 VBAM 2E game?
Ooh! ooh! ooh! [handraised]

B5! B5! B5!

[/handraised]
I could certainly be talked in to that. We have some 2e testing to do. Maybe the Dilgar Invasion?

-Jay
markus Diedrich
Cadet
Cadet

Post by markus Diedrich »

On a totally unrelated topic: There is currently some activity over at b5wars.net and there are questions on your Campaign Guide. Would you like to have a look over there?
mwaschak
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by mwaschak »

markus Diedrich wrote:On a totally unrelated topic: There is currently some activity over at b5wars.net and there are questions on your Campaign Guide. Would you like to have a look over there?
I will head over, thank you. I had thought that forum had gone beyond the rim. I find myself missing the original B5 Wars mailing list from time to time too :) .

-Jay
Bandit
Lieutanant Commander
Lieutanant Commander

Post by Bandit »

B5 would be my preference as I have most of the work done. Love to run this as a solid VBAM 2E playtest game. Is there a specific aspect of 2E Jay that you want us to really crunch?

Last B5 game I ran was set during the Dilgar War. (That reminds me I need to do the data dump on that game.) I am not opposed to returning to that time frame and hopefully see the Dilgar be aggressive ... instead of playing too peaceful.

Other obvious choice would be during the Shadow influenced Centaruri War of Aggression.

Though I am open to just about any time frame.

Thoughts?
-Sean Martinez

"Only an idiot would fight a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the Kingdom of Idiots would fight a war on twelve fronts."
markus Diedrich
Cadet
Cadet

Post by markus Diedrich »

If there is a free slot for one of the League-races, I would like to take part.
murtalianconfederacy
Captain
Captain

Post by murtalianconfederacy »

B5, if at all possible, but will like to be a reserve player--I'm not sure if I'll be able to play a more active role...

Or I could play the Tal-Kona'Sha...:)
Not every laser dot has a loaded gun at the end of it
Tyrel Lohr
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Tyrel Lohr »

Be sure to email me when you start getting the ball rolling, Sean, and I will send you over the most current draft documents for 2E. After the last month of development the rules have shifted quite a bit from the previous rules release (streamlining everything we can). If you are ready to start the game in the next week or two, I should be able to put together a highlights list to provide a quick overview of major changes and things that still need some playtesting. I am currently running a small playtest of my own as I finalize rules and get things moved around. Right now I am picking through previous drafts and combining them to form the final book.

-Tyrel
[i]"Touch not the pylons, for they are the messengers!"[/i]
mriddle
Commander
Commander

Post by mriddle »

May I please play as well ?
Bandit
Lieutanant Commander
Lieutanant Commander

Post by Bandit »

Of course! I am back on the ball after dealing with a load of stuff!
-Sean Martinez