Miniature/Wargame design/discussion podcasts?

Off-Topic Discussion
PaulB
Commander
Commander

Miniature/Wargame design/discussion podcasts?

Post by PaulB »

Does anyone know of a game-design podcast focused mainly on miniature games?

I see a lot on board games, that is "ameritrash" or "euro" games. A lot on RPGs. A lot on computer games. But nothing that really gets into miniature games or board-games which would compare somewhat to miniature games like Battletech, Warmachine, Warhammer 40k, etcetera.
Tyrel Lohr
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Miniature/Wargame design/discussion podcasts?

Post by Tyrel Lohr »

Three Moves Ahead (which I know you are aware of) often has some crossover when they interview war game designers, but I don't know of anything specific to miniature gaming design.

I think the market is receding enough and requires enough of a money outlay that it's kind of contracted along with the rest of the economy. There seems to be a lot less disposable income to be spent on frivolities like gaming miniatures, and board games have really risen to dominance during this cycle.

It also doesn't necessarily help/hurt that computer gaming went through a renaissance recently, too, as far as pricing and accessibility are concerned.

Everything is crazy, I guess?
[i]"Touch not the pylons, for they are the messengers!"[/i]
PaulB
Commander
Commander

Re: Miniature/Wargame design/discussion podcasts?

Post by PaulB »

I listen to the Game Design Roundtable as well:

http://www.buzzsprout.com/7928.rss

Though it's all boardgame. Pretty good discussion, though I find them lacking for topics at times and the first few shows are kinda annoying because they list their credentials at the start of the show.

But yeah I haven't found any about miniature wargaming in general. Unless they're dedicated towards a certain game line.