Vassal module for VBAM?

General Discussion
ftarzanin
Cadet
Cadet

Vassal module for VBAM?

Post by ftarzanin »

Has there been any thoughts about creating a VBAM Vassal Module?

My biggest problem with the game is finding like minded opponents ...
Gareth_Perkins
Captain
Captain

Re: Vassal module for VBAM?

Post by Gareth_Perkins »

ftarzanin wrote:Has there been any thoughts about creating a VBAM Vassal Module?

My biggest problem with the game is finding like minded opponents ...
The way VBAM works you don't really need VASSAL - just an email program,
Gareth Lazelle
ftarzanin
Cadet
Cadet

Post by ftarzanin »

Perhaps, but you could say the same for any board war game.

The point of Vassal is that you could play FTF over the internet and anything that requires a fair bit of interaction (like combat) could certainly benefit from using Vassal rather than email.

Certainly would be nice to have campaign maps with administrative features built in to reduce the amount of record keeping required.
Gareth_Perkins
Captain
Captain

Post by Gareth_Perkins »

ftarzanin wrote:Perhaps, but you could say the same for any board war game.
Perhaps, although I would note that there isn't really a "board" in the traditional sense in a VBAM game...

I guess you could use VASSAL to administrate die rolls, but most everything else is paperwork - it might be better handled using something like Google Wave or Google Docs (which allows you to pass documents easily between players),
ftarzanin wrote:The point of Vassal is that you could play FTF over the internet and anything that requires a fair bit of interaction (like combat) could certainly benefit from using Vassal rather than email.
Combat is the one VBAM element that does work well with some FTF interaction - but most everything else is possibly better handled in a more hands-off kind of way (especially diplomacy, which I usually encourage players to do in the form of diplomatic letters sent by email),
ftarzanin wrote:Certainly would be nice to have campaign maps with administrative features built in to reduce the amount of record keeping required.
Well, as I note, Google Wave might be a better way for a GM to handle mapping,
Gareth Lazelle