A question About your Minis and Licensing...

General Discussion
HeadClot
Cadet
Cadet

A question About your Minis and Licensing...

Post by HeadClot »

I am new and I am not sure if this is the Right place to ask this but...

Are there Website(s) that can make a Custom Miniature for a Wargame that you want to play/Make?

I am really Interested in VBAM so interested that I have Purchased the Books from LULU.com

:)

I usually Use Paper Minis along with normal Battle fleet Gothic Minis in my Battle Fleet Gothic games. (Never could acquire an entire Fleet)

But I am thinking about doing an Wargame of my own with the VBAM Rules.

But I am thinking about doing an MINI line also... I have some of My Sketches of several Ships.

I will try an Post them later...

But What about licensening on the VBAM line?
and of course What about the MINI sites?
Tyrel Lohr
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: A question About your Minis and Licensing...

Post by Tyrel Lohr »

HeadClot wrote:Are there Website(s) that can make a Custom Miniature for a Wargame that you want to play/Make?
Shapeways is probably your best bet right now for custom rapid prototyping. You have to learn how to make watertight stereolithography files using a 3D CAD program, but so long as you can get something that can be prototyped this would be a good starting point for you.

I am really Interested in VBAM so interested that I have Purchased the Books from LULU.com
Thanks for taking the plunge and joining the asylum! :)

I usually Use Paper Minis along with normal Battle fleet Gothic Minis in my Battle Fleet Gothic games. (Never could acquire an entire Fleet)
Depending on the tactical battle, I tend to use either 1/2" counters (printed on paper, glued to a thin cardboard backing, and then laminate the facing side); or, for smaller battles, I will break out some miniatures to game it out on a larger hex map.

But What about licensening on the VBAM line?
We've discussed this a bit internally before, and the general consensus I think the licensing depends on the degree to which the VBAM campaign system would be integrated into the product. If you wanted to just offer some campaign stats compatible with VBAM, then that isn't much of an issue as the players would have to buy one of our books to use them. However, if the books essentially repackages some or all of our campaign system, then we would be looking at determining a percentage royalty. We would probably also require that any new rules that are created for the VBAM campaign system could be reprinted and reused in other campaign books -- in order to maintain an open gaming environment within the campaign system.

When or if you get to that point, you can always get in touch with us and we can negotiate actual numbers and conduct further discussions at that time.

-Tyrel
[i]"Touch not the pylons, for they are the messengers!"[/i]