Jay on the Radio!

News & Announcements
mwaschak
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Jay on the Radio!

Post by mwaschak »

Errr, podcast I mean.

The good folks at the D6 Generation were nice enough to invite me on the show this week to talk about our particular niche in gaming. I survived the rapid fire discussion and talk about VBAM, PoD, and PDF business for about an hour. You can download it from iTunes or here: http://www.thed6generation.com/

http://www.thed6generation.com/index.php?post_id=484862

-Jay
Tyrel Lohr
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Tyrel Lohr »

Sheesh. It's V-BAM, not Vuh-BAM or V-B-A-M! I don't know what you crazy people are talking about :)

Good interview, Jay. I'm glad that you survived it!
[i]"Touch not the pylons, for they are the messengers!"[/i]
Charles Lewis
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Charles Lewis »

I don't know...Vuh-BAM is growing on me. ;)
'Fear God and dread nought'
Coat of Arms motto of Baron Fisher, of Kilverstone
jygro
Commander
Commander

Post by jygro »

d6 generation is a great podcast. Definitely going to have to check it out!

-Bren
MarkG88
Commodore
Commodore

Post by MarkG88 »

jygro wrote:d6 generation is a great podcast. Definitely going to have to check it out!

-Bren
I'm downloading mp3 file and looking forward to the show....and going to someplace very very warm with my next post bwahahahaha :twisted: (this one being #665)
MarkG88
Commodore
Commodore

Post by MarkG88 »

Charles Lewis wrote:I don't know...Vuh-BAM is growing on me. ;)
Me too Charlie, although I think it should be typed Vuh-BAM! or Vuh-BAM!! depending on part of speech you're using it as hehe.

Fun interview and interesting show I sent link off to my gamer buddy and told his wife about the "gamer wives attack" segment.
Bandit
Lieutanant Commander
Lieutanant Commander

Post by Bandit »

For now on, I shall refer to the game as Vuh- BAM! Loved the show, just listened to it last night.

Oh, I am back!
-Sean Martinez

"Only an idiot would fight a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the Kingdom of Idiots would fight a war on twelve fronts."
MarkG88
Commodore
Commodore

Post by MarkG88 »

Bandit wrote:For now on, I shall refer to the game as Vuh- BAM! Loved the show, just listened to it last night.

Oh, I am back!
WB Bandit!! I'm sorta, almost back myself. I finally (and for first time) have high speed internet (no longer living in the backwoods of Appalachia in eastern Ohio lol). I've been working kinks out of going wireless etc and three days into it I'm ready to start posting on ye olde Vuh-BAM forums :wink:

-Mark
Bandit
Lieutanant Commander
Lieutanant Commander

Post by Bandit »

Having high speed internet is awesome! I could not live without it. I am waiting to see if apple really will allow the iphone to share its data connection with a computer and how much it would end up adding to the package.

I am thinking about running a 2E playtest game soon :)
-Sean Martinez

"Only an idiot would fight a war on two fronts. Only the heir to the throne of the Kingdom of Idiots would fight a war on twelve fronts."
Tyrel Lohr
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Tyrel Lohr »

Bandit wrote:I am thinking about running a 2E playtest game soon :)
I'll have to get you a newer copy of the rules, Sean. I am back into the "slash and burn" mode with the rules, and there were some fairly substantial mechanical changes introduced in the last two weeks.

The worst part of 2E development has been the "we almost have it done... but this still doesn't seem quite right... let's tweak this..." himhawing and back and forth on my part. I am actually in the process of pulling the text back out of InDesign for another complete revision because there are things I think really need to be changed to simplify the rules back down to a manageable state.

-Tyrel
[i]"Touch not the pylons, for they are the messengers!"[/i]
mwaschak
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Jay on the Radio!

Post by mwaschak »

harwerd wrote:The worst part of 2E development has been the "we almost have it done... but this still doesn't seem quite right... let's tweak this..." himhawing and back and forth on my part.
I am not so sure about that. I have been working through the playtests at a fevered pitch.

-Jay