Invasion Playtest may need more players

General Discussion
StevetheERB
Lieutanant Commander
Lieutanant Commander

Invasion Playtest may need more players

Post by StevetheERB »

The Invasion playtest, which is now likely to get underway after a long delay, may need players to fill in for those I lost during the inactivity. I am the last person to talk about deadlines, but if the following people do not contact me by Monday March 31st (posting in these forums is fine), their spots will go to who ever is interested:

Sean Martinez (aka Bandit)**
John Turner (never registered on these forums as far as I know)
Stephen Rider (aka Tango Tarheel)

Assuming these people do not show I will need three new players who have NDAs with VBAM to take their place.
** I apologize to Bandit, I did not add him to the secret forum group. I have done so and assume he is still interested.

For those who might not know, the Invasion setting plays out the Invasion of Earth by extraterrestrial forces in the not so distant future. It has a lot of new rules that deal with the smaller scale of the conflict. For that reason I need people who are both willing to try out new ideas and able to roll with the punches if rules change in the middle of the game (if we find a better idea).

Post any questions or general comments here, as always any rules specific questions for existing players should go in their secret forums.
"There are 70 some Earth's spinnin' in this Verse, and the meek ain't inherited a one yet" - Malcolm Reynolds
Bandit
Lieutanant Commander
Lieutanant Commander

Post by Bandit »

** Waves at Steve***

I have not gone anywhere and I am looking forward to the playtest. When is the playtest scheduled to begin?
StevetheERB
Lieutanant Commander
Lieutanant Commander

Post by StevetheERB »

Assuming I can quickly find the two people to fill out the missing roles once the time limit expires (and Jay doesn't find any glaring holes in my draft) then I am going to re-send the system/unit/equipment lists in the middle of next week (after I get the two replacements) and then we can start the week of April 7th.
"There are 70 some Earth's spinnin' in this Verse, and the meek ain't inherited a one yet" - Malcolm Reynolds
MarkG88
Commodore
Commodore

Post by MarkG88 »

StevetheERB wrote:Assuming I can quickly find the two people to fill out the missing roles once the time limit expires (and Jay doesn't find any glaring holes in my draft) then I am going to re-send the system/unit/equipment lists in the middle of next week (after I get the two replacements) and then we can start the week of April 7th.
I can contact a buddy to see if he's interested (get him to sign NDA etc). He and I started the short-lived Like Cherry Blossoms on Water campaign at Jermehovah's forums. Let me know if you need someone and I'll give him a call and have him download and sign NDA.
StevetheERB
Lieutanant Commander
Lieutanant Commander

Post by StevetheERB »

The deadline has passed so I need two additional players for the playtest. If interested post here. Mark, if your friend is interested have him register on this forum and post. As soon as we sort out the vacancies I'll send out the rules and unit lists.
MarkG88
Commodore
Commodore

Post by MarkG88 »

StevetheERB wrote:The deadline has passed so I need two additional players for the playtest. If interested post here. Mark, if your friend is interested have him register on this forum and post. As soon as we sort out the vacancies I'll send out the rules and unit lists.
I was in contact with him last night and he is swamped/unable to commit so no dice there sorry Steve.

-Mark
echoco
Commander
Commander

Post by echoco »

Are there any requirements to playtest this? I'd like to join.
Rainer
Commander
Commander

Post by Rainer »

I think you need to have signed the NDA.
StevetheERB
Lieutanant Commander
Lieutanant Commander

Post by StevetheERB »

Yep, NDA is the only requirement other than the willingness and throughness to try a bunch of new rules.
echoco
Commander
Commander

Post by echoco »

where do I get the NDA or get accepted for that matter?
mwaschak
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by mwaschak »

echoco wrote:where do I get the NDA or get accepted for that matter?
Right this way: http://www.vbamgames.com/playtesting/

-Jay
StevetheERB
Lieutanant Commander
Lieutanant Commander

Post by StevetheERB »

So I think echoco is set, but I need one more. Com'mon you know you want to invade the Earth!
echoco
Commander
Commander

Post by echoco »

sorry I disappeared for awhile got distracted by miniatures.
wminsing
Commander
Commander

Post by wminsing »

If no one else steps up by the end of the week I would be willing. I believe I already have an NDA filed with you guys, at any rate.

-Will
"Ships and sail proper for the heavenly air should be fashioned. Then there will also be people, who do not shrink from the dreary vastness of space."
-- Johannes Kepler, 1609
mwaschak
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by mwaschak »

wminsing wrote:If no one else steps up by the end of the week I would be willing. I believe I already have an NDA filed with you guys, at any rate.
I believe you do :) .

-Jay