Fall of Night

Blue? Green? Red? Refuse? It's time to talk about rules for a new community edition of the VBAM rules!
Tyrel Lohr
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Fall of Night

Post by Tyrel Lohr »

Once I get the map fully updated and the Narns set up I'll shoot you the final stats, but here's an overview:

Homeworld: 12 Capacity, 3 Raw, 9 Census, 8 Morale, 6 Productivity
Kotok: 7 Capacity, 2 Raw

Configuration is minor jump lane from Struve northwest to Homeworld, then Homeworld has an unexplored lane north to Rigel and a major lane south to Kotok. Kotok has two unexplored lanes going southeast and southwest, respectively.

I'm still playing with having enemy and friendly be binaries, because the way that my 2E diplomatic states and those from Jay's FA draft work is that anything below Non-Aggression is potentially hostile. You could make argument for Non-Intercourse being neutral, but in practical terms that just means that they can only attack your fleets and perform limited bombardment -- which is still pretty hostile in my book :lol:
[i]"Touch not the pylons, for they are the messengers!"[/i]
Tyrel Lohr
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Fall of Night

Post by Tyrel Lohr »

I've been working on converting the Narn ships from the B5W game over into Galaxies and am just now realizing how odd their in-service dates are. They have a number of starter ships around 2211, which would be the equivalent of TL 0 in my current tech build, but then there is a massive gap between 2218 and 2231, and then another between about 2234 and 2242 when all of the pulse cannon upgrades occurred. I think I may have to end up creating stats for some of these ships or moving them out of their historical positions to close the gaps.

I know I'll have similar problems with the Centauri when I get to them, if only because their tech timeline is so much longer because of the Wars of the Centauri Republic supplement which added a bunch of old ships to the mix. I may just go negative TL on the Centauri to fit them in, as that is the only way that I can see that working out.

I'm hoping to have enough Narn ships converted tonight to get them setup and maybe play out the rest of Year 3. Last night I did some work on writing up my Tech and Intel rule modifications in my working rule document, but it's about time to get back to the actual playtest game.
[i]"Touch not the pylons, for they are the messengers!"[/i]