What do people want to see?

Other Source Material and Settings
Tyrel Lohr
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

What do people want to see?

Post by Tyrel Lohr »

I know what I hope to do in regards to future Escalation Wars content, but I was wondering if anyone had any specific interests in EW topics that you would want to see covered in future supplements?

My current thought is to do away with the idea of waiting until I have all of the material put together for a huge release, and instead release everything in volumes, and then maybe collect them into a large printed edition later on. I want to go visit the Great War period, and have a lot of background material finished for that so it wouldn't take long to put it all together once 2E is into playtest.

By breaking the releases up into digestable 64-96 page scenario books, I can release them faster, which means that new material can come out every 3 months or so, instead of every 3 years.

-Tyrel
[i]"Touch not the pylons, for they are the messengers!"[/i]
gstano
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by gstano »

Hello Tyrel,

I know I am very late to the party here, but I would certainly vote for more information on the Great War period. From what you have described, it has plenty of good sub-sections to do supplements. It's a good storyline and introduces a lot of the players in the Escalation Wars setting.

Geoffrey

PS: I'm trying to get back into VBAM and I will look forward to the 2nd Edition!
It's not as bad as it turned out to be.
Tyrel Lohr
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Tyrel Lohr »

Geoffrey! It's great to hear from you again!

I do hope to get back to the Escalation Wars setting once 2E is released. That will give me ample opportunity to go back into the completed text and review and revise as necessary to actually get something finished.

I am still tentatively planning on releasing the Great War information over the course of a few electronic releases, then bundling it into a single print edition. We will see if that plan holds true or not, though, based on where everything else falls. The biggest roadblock to an all-in-one historical scenario release is that there are so many nations involved that it is almost simpler to break them up into smaller sections so as not to completely overwhelm the reader by saying "here is a 500 page source book covering all of the empires involved, as well as the conflict itself". :)

-Tyrel
[i]"Touch not the pylons, for they are the messengers!"[/i]
gstano
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by gstano »

Tyrel, it is very good to be back! I think I have enlisted in your school of "have everything happen at once".

I can certainly understand waiting until 2E. I am trying to get over the the VBAM forum here and the other web site in order to catch back up with things. Overall, I have to say that I am very interested in seeing what is done with 2E.

Your plan for the Escalation Wars sounds good. Breaking up the Great War into more digestible chunks should have a couple of advantages. First, like you said, it will be easier to read and second, is that you are able to have a steady release of material. Like I said, I think the storyline is good and there are a lot of good stages of the Great War that allow it to work in smaller pieces.

Thanks for the response, and i hope to start digging into all of the VBAM material here again this weekend!

Geoffrey
It's not as bad as it turned out to be.