Stars Divided: Epic

Discussion of source material supplements for Victory by Any Means
Chyll
Commander
Commander
Posts: 126
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 7:16 pm
Location: TSL interrogation room

Stars Divided: Epic

Postby Chyll » Mon Feb 23, 2009 4:52 pm

In addition to Legacy, I have a plan to continue the story Humanity after the Terran Civil War. In the spirit of announcements and excitement, I thought I'd get the concept out there and see if any ideas were generated.

I have considerable material already in place (maps, race definitions, ships, etc.) for up to 7 players in a massive (Epic) VBAM game covering hundreds of systems. (I'd hazard that this may be the largest scope attempted - I've seen notes on one solo game that got to about 1/2 the size).

A playtest for this actually started once, but RL completely sidelined me. I had hoped to get it ramped up again this year, but I will pause that for VBAM2 updates.

I will drop teasers and seek feedback on a couple of things when the project starts moving again, however.
No man is wise enough by himself.
- Plautus

User avatar
Charles Lewis
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Posts: 937
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:58 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Postby Charles Lewis » Mon Feb 23, 2009 5:25 pm

As a playtester, I certianly hope this gets going again. The playtest for Stars Divided was easily the most enjoyable group VBAM game I've participated in. :)
'Fear God and dread nought'
Coat of Arms motto of Baron Fisher, of Kilverstone

User avatar
Rainer
Commander
Commander
Posts: 186
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:48 am

Postby Rainer » Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:01 am

I can only second this - even if the Narum were completely misunderstood by the other powers.

User avatar
Charles Lewis
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Posts: 937
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:58 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Postby Charles Lewis » Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:03 am

Rainer wrote:I can only second this - even if the Narum were completely misunderstood by the other powers.


No misunderstanding. The Narum are Bug Eyed Monsters that must repelled at all costs. Humanity must not be allowed to become an entree!

or something like that. It sounded more dramatic when shouted on the floor of the TSL Council chambers. :wink:
'Fear God and dread nought'

Coat of Arms motto of Baron Fisher, of Kilverstone

Chyll
Commander
Commander
Posts: 126
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 7:16 pm
Location: TSL interrogation room

Postby Chyll » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:15 pm

Charles Lewis wrote:
Rainer wrote:I can only second this - even if the Narum were completely misunderstood by the other powers.


No misunderstanding. The Narum are Bug Eyed Monsters that must repelled at all costs. Humanity must not be allowed to become an entree!

or something like that. It sounded more dramatic when shouted on the floor of the TSL Council chambers. :wink:


See! Crass human xenophobia manifests itself again!
The eyes of the Narum are most certainly NOT buggy.

...they do have big sharp pointy teeth, however...
No man is wise enough by himself.

- Plautus

User avatar
mwaschak
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Posts: 853
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:43 am
Location: The data mines of VBAM
Contact:

Postby mwaschak » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:55 pm

Charles Lewis wrote:No misunderstanding. The Narum are Bug Eyed Monsters that must repelled at all costs.

:wink:


We have found the Narum to be nothing if not corteous neighbors, perfectly willing to ignore you until the time is right to strike.

User avatar
Charles Lewis
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Posts: 937
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:58 am
Location: Des Moines, IA
Contact:

Postby Charles Lewis » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:28 pm

Chyll wrote:See! Crass human xenophobia manifests itself again!
The eyes of the Narum are most certainly NOT buggy.

...they do have big sharp pointy teeth, however...


Pointy, pointy?

They wouldn't have any large wooden badgers, would they?
'Fear God and dread nought'

Coat of Arms motto of Baron Fisher, of Kilverstone

User avatar
Rainer
Commander
Commander
Posts: 186
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:48 am

Postby Rainer » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:58 am

See, this is exactly what I was talking about. But once humanity becomes another happy and productive member of the Authority such behavior will soon be corrected.

User avatar
Tyrel Lohr
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Posts: 1402
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 3:48 am
Location: Lusk, WY
Contact:

Postby Tyrel Lohr » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:56 pm

Rainer wrote:See, this is exactly what I was talking about. But once humanity becomes another happy and productive member of the Authority such behavior will soon be corrected.


That is tough talk from a species that caught the sniffles once and almost all died! Reeks of weak genetics, if you ask me!

-Tyrel
"Touch not the pylons, for they are the messengers!"

Chyll
Commander
Commander
Posts: 126
Joined: Tue May 20, 2008 7:16 pm
Location: TSL interrogation room

Postby Chyll » Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:31 pm

Tyrel Lohr wrote:
Rainer wrote:See, this is exactly what I was talking about. But once humanity becomes another happy and productive member of the Authority such behavior will soon be corrected.


That is tough talk from a species that caught the sniffles once and almost all died! Reeks of weak genetics, if you ask me!

-Tyrel


Hey, that virus has been weaponized.
Don't get uppity.
No man is wise enough by himself.

- Plautus

User avatar
Rainer
Commander
Commander
Posts: 186
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:48 am

Postby Rainer » Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:53 am

Tyrel Lohr wrote:That is tough talk from a species that caught the sniffles once and almost all died! Reeks of weak genetics, if you ask me!


We'll talk about weak genetics after we land a few cohorts on your homeworld. :twisted:


Return to “Other Worlds”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest