Scale Poll and Discussion

Other Source Material and Settings

What scale of a campaign interests you for a Federation Commander Campaign in Federation Admiral?

Grand
16%
Regional
12%
Local
32%
All of the Above
40%

Total votes: 25

terryoc
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by terryoc »

How will Federation Admiral fit in with the VBAM 2.0 line? Will I be able to adapt VBAM 2.0 stuff into a FA campaign, if I choose?
mwaschak
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by mwaschak »

Wolverin61 wrote:
I'm definitely eager to find out more. I must admit I'd never heard of VBAM before reading about Federation Admiral on the Federation Commander forum. I hope you'll announce when you post the example .pdf so I can study it (I say study because I'm still finding stuff in the FC rulebook I overlooked or didn't catch the first time through, mostly because I think about the rules in SFB instead). :?
Thank you, and welcome! As Mark mentioned I think you will find the free PDF, which I just called the Integrated Example, to be helpful to seeing how the game plays in general. It is geared toward just a 12 turn Local campaign between a Federation and Klingon player who start with equal numbers, but different objectives from their high commands.

As far as I can tell the main FA product is at the forefront of the ADB editing machine, but I suspect the full Integrated Example will be shortly behind and with a little luck, polished in time for FA release. I should have more details when SVC gets back from Austin. I will make sure you are informed when it is "officially" ready.
terryoc wrote:How will Federation Admiral fit in with the VBAM 2.0 line? Will I be able to adapt VBAM 2.0 stuff into a FA campaign, if I choose?
Federation Admiral is a seperate product which will be released exclusively through ADB. While it uses the framework of VBAM, it is a different enough product to fall in its own category. We geared many of the mechanics and concepts to reflect how the SFU behaves. With that said, I am sure a player will have no trouble using the Menagerie, for example, with Federation Admiral.

-Jay
Wolverin61
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Wolverin61 »

mwaschak wrote:As far as I can tell the main FA product is at the forefront of the ADB editing machine, but I suspect the full Integrated Example will be shortly behind and with a little luck, polished in time for FA release. I should have more details when SVC gets back from Austin. I will make sure you are informed when it is "officially" ready.
Thank you! Looking forward to it!

Any idea what the price of FA will be? (Guess that'll be up to ADB though)
"His pattern indicates two-dimensional thinking."
mwaschak
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by mwaschak »

Wolverin61 wrote:
Thank you! Looking forward to it!

Any idea what the price of FA will be? (Guess that'll be up to ADB though)
You're welcome!

As far as price, I am really not sure. I could take a guess but so much will depend on final page count, art, and anything else that may need to be included.

-Jay