Re: Federation Admiral Public Update

Post by Asguard101 »

I'm holding out hope there has been any momentum in this project :?:
mwaschak
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by mwaschak »

I am sorry to say that I have no idea. My free development has been going in to 2e and the various projects that stem from that.

-Jay
terryoc
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by terryoc »

Steve Cole wrote in his dayblog for 23 March 2012:
I spent two hours on Fed Admiral, making Jay W’s changes to previous pages and getting two new pages done. Not much, but it’s back on the regular work list (I hope it stays there).
The big deal with Mongoose, involving the new 2500 miniatures line and A Call To Arms: Star Fleet, took far more work than expected and sucked time from pretty much everything else ADB does, but especially things that require "Steve Cole time", like new projects. That situation now appears to be under control.
mwaschak
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by mwaschak »

terryoc wrote:
The big deal with Mongoose, involving the new 2500 miniatures line and A Call To Arms: Star Fleet, took far more work than expected and sucked time from pretty much everything else ADB does, but especially things that require "Steve Cole time", like new projects. That situation now appears to be under control.
It is encouraging to see it back on the list. I am at the tough spot of trying to look at FA issues after being re-immersed in 2e work for a few months. That is tricky.

-Jay
Asguard101
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Asguard101 »

mwaschak wrote:
It is encouraging to see it back on the list. I am at the tough spot of trying to look at FA issues after being re-immersed in 2e work for a few months. That is tricky.

-Jay
Any chance of the book being complete in time for Christmas?
Charles Lewis
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Charles Lewis »

<shrug> All I can say is that ADB received the original manuscript in December of 2008. </shrug>
'Fear God and dread nought'
Coat of Arms motto of Baron Fisher, of Kilverstone
mwaschak
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by mwaschak »

Asguard101 wrote:
Any chance of the book being complete in time for Christmas?
SVC and I were almost to the Force List as of the last email. So that is a good thing.

-Jay
Asguard101
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Asguard101 »

I have not seen any mention of Fed Adm in SVC daily blogs. Has this project been finally pushed off the table? :cry:
mwaschak
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by mwaschak »

Asguard101 wrote:I have not seen any mention of Fed Adm in SVC daily blogs. Has this project been finally pushed off the table? :cry:
No worries, it is still on the work list. Last I heard he was to the Local Campaign rules.

-Jay
Asguard101
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Asguard101 »

mwaschak wrote: No worries, it is still on the work list. Last I heard he was to the Local Campaign rules.

-Jay
Thats great to hear. Has it been given a release schedule or are we to far out for that?
Shadow Warrior
Commander
Commander

Post by Shadow Warrior »

The last I saw on an SVC update was "end of 2013". Mind you, it has been forecast as "end of current year + 1" for three years now, so I wouldn't read anything definite into that.

As SVC seems intent on turning Jay's work into "F&E Powered by VBAM" my interest level has dropped off considerably.

I tell you what I did come across recently on BoardGameGeek and that was an updated rule set for Federation Space, called Lyran Space. It was a very neat update of the original Federation Space rules (which were badly broken), and was an excellent light and frothy campaign system for SFB.
mwaschak
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by mwaschak »

I haven't seen anything which would concern me about too much pollution of F&E in Federation Admiral lately. We use something closer to their system for command and control, but FA campaigns tend to be played at the Local scale with fleets that don't push that limit.

Either way I haven't heard much. We had made a pretty impressive dent in the material the last we talked though.

-Jay
Shadow Warrior
Commander
Commander

Post by Shadow Warrior »

If it's true that the F&E-ification of FA has been largely abandoned, then I pronounce myself officially much more interested in the project once again. :D

After all, SVC didn't insist that Mongoose's Star Fleet Call to Arms adhered to every rule, tiny piece of errata and off-hand comment ever made about the Star Fleet Universe and the game is all the stronger for it. It's not trying to precisely replicate SFB/FC using a different engine, it's trying to give the users of that engine a feel for how Star Fleet ships perform in a different game environment.

The last time I saw SVC espouse in detail on FA he was bemoaning that it handled supply differently from F&E and this ship shouldn't be seen next to that ship because it had never happened in F&E and this planet in some scenario wasn't on the F&E map and intelligence had to be exactly the same as F&E and why would anybody even want FA anyway because F&E is the most perfect campaign system ever designed by humankind.
SLea
Ensign
Ensign

Post by SLea »

I realise this is obviously not the correct page on the forum to ask this question, but I ask it here as it is the page showing any sign of activity. Is there any possibility of any update on the progress of 2E, even if only a statement to the effect that work on the project is actually continuing, in the realistic expectation that the game will be published at some point in the not too distant future?

Thanks in advance for any response.
Emiricol
Captain
Captain

Post by Emiricol »

Progress continues, and all i can tell you is that it is simply amazing. That same feeling i had when i saw 1 E? Like that, only more. It's nearing completion... And worth the two year wait.