Required rule books

Other Source Material and Settings
MarkG88
Commodore
Commodore

Post by MarkG88 »

Target acquisition via espionage rules sounds like a good place to start, and an DN's worth of drones helps with the combat stats.
Emiricol
Captain
Captain

Post by Emiricol »

Quick question - will this tie in with Federation Commander, to optionally play out the battles?
Charles Lewis
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Charles Lewis »

Emiricol wrote:Quick question - will this tie in with Federation Commander, to optionally play out the battles?
Absolutely. ADB wanted a campaign game for Federation Commander but acknowledged that campaign games not called Federation & Empire were not their forte, so in we went. ;)
'Fear God and dread nought'
Coat of Arms motto of Baron Fisher, of Kilverstone
Shadow Warrior
Commander
Commander

Re: Required rule books

Post by Shadow Warrior »

Some might argue that campaign games called Federation & Empire aren't really their forte either :wink:

That is one complicated mutha of a system.
Charles Lewis
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Charles Lewis »

Shadow Warrior wrote:Some might argue that campaign games called Federation & Empire aren't really their forte either :wink:

That is one complicated mutha of a system.
Hehe...as someone who has multiple games of Europa Universalis (the original boardgame), Empires in Arms, World in Flames and other "monster" games under his belt (courtesy of a misspent youth), F&E slots in quite nicely, but is definitely not for casual play. I do give kudos to ADB for acknowledging that F&E is not the end-all, be-all for their entire player base and looking for other means to allow players to scratch that campaign itch. Now. If we could just get it out the door.... :wink:
Shadow Warrior
Commander
Commander

Post by Shadow Warrior »

I like a game of World in Flames as much as the next man (well, okay, more I guess!), but F&E is a strange beast as the strategies are almost pre-ordained. If you don't do it "the historical way", you are almost certain to have a bad game and to me that makes for a dull game where you are more or less just going through the motions and seeing what the dice turn up.
Charles Lewis
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Charles Lewis »

Shadow Warrior wrote:I like a game of World in Flames as much as the next man (well, okay, more I guess!), but F&E is a strange beast as the strategies are almost pre-ordained. If you don't do it "the historical way", you are almost certain to have a bad game and to me that makes for a dull game where you are more or less just going through the motions and seeing what the dice turn up.
I've either played solo or with others who were just as inclined to do whatever struck their fancy, too.
mwaschak
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by mwaschak »

While we wait I do encourage you FA watchers to keep an eye on the 2e material. VBAM Games, Inc. is going to have a very busy 2011 with just our own production schedule.

-Jay