Defensive and Diplomatic Intel

Playtesting & Rules Development
Gareth_Perkins
Captain
Captain

Defensive and Diplomatic Intel

Post by Gareth_Perkins »

In my current campaign it has been noted that the government types which grant Diplomatic Intel are especially weak in a game where the AIX system is not in use,

(since the only NPC nations in play where the breakaway systems after some extremely heavy pirate activity I gave the AIX a miss).

Having spent some time trying to figure out a way to make Diplomatic Intel useful for something other than breaking treaties and declaring war... I came up with the idea of "defensive diplomatic intel".

Rather like with defensive intel these points are not lost. They are assigned either generally, or to protect against specific empires.

Points assigned to specific empires provide a -5% penalty per point to attempts to break treaties with you by that empire. Points assigned generally provide a -1% penalty to rolls by any other empire.

How does that sound? Too much? Too little?
Gareth Lazelle
mwaschak
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by mwaschak »

That is an interesting idea, especially for a stubborn government who would want to make sure the propaganda and lobbying engine was running 24x7 to ensure the right diplomatic state exists.

It seems like too little to me, but let me try it out and see how it does.

-Jay