Your Wishlist for Companion and First Contact?

Playtesting & Rules Development
darbycmcd
Lieutanant Commander
Lieutanant Commander

Re: Your Wishlist for Companion and First Contact?

Post by darbycmcd »

So any news on these products? More than a year since they were headed to final touches and layout.....
I am curious if all the energy has gone into Galaxies and the 2nd Edition line, as currently stands, is dead or what is the plan? I understand that you have very limited time to spend on this business but some news would be welcome. Would it not make sense to spend some of the limited creative resources in kicking out products for sales?
Tyrel Lohr
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Tyrel Lohr »

I'm in the process of kickstarting (in the metaphorical rather than modern literal sense) a revised version of 2E with Galaxies, and once that is complete we can push out the update to 2E customers and then proceed with releasing the rest of the updated content.

It's not optimal, but it's pretty much just me and Geoff left at this point, with Jay chiming in every once in awhile. Compare that to a decade ago when there were usually about 4 of us with free time on our hands to develop new rules.

I think everyone has development fatigue at this point, but I don't want to push extra books out there if they're just going to be invalidated by later changes. The feedback from the 2E CG led me to start work on Galaxies, and we had some good headway made last fall before things cooled down for the winter and spring. Now that the commitments that always take over my schedule in the first four months of the year are put to rest, I'll have more time again to make some real progress on fleshing out the rest of the missing rules and get an updated public playtest pack out for review while I finish up the supporting books.

It may be a death march, but I'm still marching.
[i]"Touch not the pylons, for they are the messengers!"[/i]
darbycmcd
Lieutanant Commander
Lieutanant Commander

Post by darbycmcd »

Ok, that makes sense. So we should think of Galaxies as a sort of 2.5E? It could work. And really, whatever it takes to keep things grinding out is the best choice, so its all good.