Tools to support 2e

Davros
Cadet
Cadet

Tools to support 2e

Post by Davros »

As a long time owner/ part time player of 1e and with thoughts that 2e was just a pipe dream.

My joy of checking back in with forums to see how close 2e to being released, has finally prompted me to create an account and leave comment.

I am busy reading and re reading the draft rules to gain understanding. To me, while the rules to the game have become cleaner and easier to follow the flip side is there are a lot more book keeping, in terms of new stats to track both in terms of systems and +1, +2 bonus to dice rolls depending on last turn rolls.

My old trusted excel spreadsheet I acquired from the good old days of yahoo groups is dead.

Is there, and I just missed them, tools ( ie new and proved excel) to go allow in supporting 2e. Want to jump in a play test, but need that guiding hand, and allowing me to be a bit lazy of a tool or set of tools that support the book keeping.

Thanks again for a great game!!!!
Tyrel Lohr
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Tools to support 2e

Post by Tyrel Lohr »

There'll be new player aids created for players to use in the game. We'll definitely have a unit construction, diplomacy, and empire management sheets available similar to those from 1E for people to use once the game is ready to go to press. I am slowly creating my own here and will then repurpose them for release when the time comes. I'll try to post versions of them as I get them into a semi-functional state.

I agree that some of the bookkeeping from the previous draft was starting to get a bit out of hand. This last editing pass based on player feedback and additional playtesting has removed many of those types of problems in order to keep the game flowing at a better clip.
[i]"Touch not the pylons, for they are the messengers!"[/i]