Tips for high TL ships

Emiricol
Captain
Captain

Tips for high TL ships

Post by Emiricol »

If I want to build a 10 EP Command CL designed with FTL 1 but intended to lead a system's defences, at TL40 (80 MU), what % of MU should be special items/tech such as EW modules, etc? It should be combat effective on its own, so at some point more modules is going to reduce its survivability.

Players with more actual fighting experience than I have might have some insight?
nimrodd
Commander
Commander

Re: Tips for high TL ships

Post by nimrodd »

Emiricol wrote:If I want to build a 10 EP Command CL designed with FTL 1 but intended to lead a system's defences, at TL40 (80 MU), ...
At TL 40, it would actually be 100 MU.
Jimmy Simpson
Emiricol
Captain
Captain

Post by Emiricol »

Awesome. I put about 40% mods, 60% values. Not sure that's combat effective, but hey.
Tyrel Lohr
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Tyrel Lohr »

One of the elements that has changed between the previous draft and this one is that command factors (command rating, command cost) are largely fixed based on a unit's construction cost. The Command special ability does give you a situational boost to CR, though I need to double check to make sure that it was applied consistently in this draft. But boosting CR is no longer as cheap as economical as it used to be.
[i]"Touch not the pylons, for they are the messengers!"[/i]