2E System Generator

Brennall
Lieutanant Commander
Lieutanant Commander

Re: 2E System Generator

Post by Brennall »

PM me with the URL of the page you want to generate viking names on please :)

Vandervecken wrote:The server based newest version doesn't remember to use Japanese, swahili etc when I refresh; is that simply because of me refreshing on an active server vs stand alone; or is this something you need to modify because it should remember I want Viking names ?
Brennall
Lieutanant Commander
Lieutanant Commander

Post by Brennall »

All you should need to do is select "Viking" and then click on new system till you find a system you want :) .. the name of the system should be "Vikingish"

If you want the reload the page (f5) ... you would need to select "viking" and then click on the "Save" button .. you can then refresh (f5) as much as you like and all the names will be "Vikingish"
BLHarrison
Lieutanant Commander
Lieutanant Commander

Post by BLHarrison »

I don't know how easy/hard it would be but you could include a "Random Language" option for those who can't or don't want to choose a language theme.
virtutis.umbra
The Critic
The Critic

Post by virtutis.umbra »

This looks really pro-level. Hey VBAM guys, you should formally adopt this and find a place for it on your website!

I'm a greedy SOB, I know, but I have additional feature requests:
a) Can we get the capability to modify planetary resource stats (RAW, Orbital, ...) as well as the utilization and population numbers? As with the 1E version that'd be useful for integrating this with my random exploration games, esp. if I start inventing new system traits.

b) If there was a "1E" backward-compatibility toggle that could hide the 2E-specific stats, I think this would work flawlessly for both editions. (For that matter, I could simply set all the 2E stats to 'N/A' if request A were granted.)

c) I noticed the "trait=Neat%20Stuff" querystring argument still works, even though the output isn't otherwise showing special traits anymore. Are they still getting calculated behind the scenes? I liked not having to figure out which systems had special encounters :)
-Patrick
crit·ic /ˈkritik : Someone who knows the way but can't drive the car. -- Kenneth Tynan
Brennall
Lieutanant Commander
Lieutanant Commander

Post by Brennall »

@ BLHarrison : Interesting idea ... I will add it onto the todo list :)

@ virtutis.umbra : Planetary resources stats can be added, but first I need to rationalise the buttons somewhat.

The ability to add a trait to the system was left in, however at the moment there are no system wide traits active in the 2e rules. I left mechanisms in place to deal with them if they appear later :)
Brennall
Lieutanant Commander
Lieutanant Commander

Post by Brennall »

The stand alone version is now done and can be found here: -

http://vbam.spellbound.co.uk/2esysgen/2esysgensa.html

It has all the features of the one above, however it can be downloaded and run without access to the internet.