Community help for 2E

darbycmcd
Lieutanant Commander
Lieutanant Commander

Community help for 2E

Post by darbycmcd »

It seems things have sort of slowed on the 2nd Edition front of late. I can imagine these kind of projects are a lot to take on for one or a couple of people, and I am sure the fantastic wealth it brings you just leads to more distractions :lol:

Is there anything that the community could do to help out? I think there is lots of positive energy around your ideas/products so maybe things like editing, formal playtesting, page layout, massage, IV redbull and vodka, whatever it takes.
Tyrel Lohr
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: Community help for 2E

Post by Tyrel Lohr »

It has been a one-person show for most of the time, and I know both Jay and Charlie have had less time to act as sounding boards thanks to work and family commitments. My schedule has also been more hectic that it has been in the past, which definitely hasn't helped with rules development or communication.

As to the second question of what the community can do, I talked to Jay on Sunday and I think our current plans are to have a version of Chapter 3 that contains the sequence of play ready for release by the time I leave for the mountains of northern Wyoming on August 10. That way everyone can read them and weigh in, and I can use the results of that feedback to build on my own development work to finish polishing the rules.

He can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the plan is for Jay to start a playtest game using the new rules while I'm gone and see where any missing pieces are see what is intuitive, what isn't, or if there are any rules that simply aren't documented well enough to be playable.
[i]"Touch not the pylons, for they are the messengers!"[/i]
mwaschak
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Community help for 2E

Post by mwaschak »

Tyrel Lohr wrote:He can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the plan is for Jay to start a playtest game using the new rules while I'm gone and see where any missing pieces are see what is intuitive, what isn't, or if there are any rules that simply aren't documented well enough to be playable.
Yeah, that is the plan. I think it will be a good chance to take the rules for a test drive. Then we should have some tangible results when you get back from walk-about.

-Jay