Cargo Question

BLHarrison
Lieutanant Commander
Lieutanant Commander

Cargo Question

Post by BLHarrison »

Will the rules allow one to use fractional amounts in ship design.

Example I want a squadron of 4 scout-destroyers to carry a size 1 battalion of Marines spread amongs them. Could each DD have .25 or .3 cargo (paying approprate mass of course) or is this an Item that we will have to pay full price fore
mwaschak
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Cargo Question

Post by mwaschak »

Yes. I have been playing it that way, but it is something we will need to clear up in the final version of the rules. Tyrel is hopefully putting some final touches on the latest version of 2e this week in fact.

-Jay
BLHarrison wrote:Will the rules allow one to use fractional amounts in ship design.

Example I want a squadron of 4 scout-destroyers to carry a size 1 battalion of Marines spread amongs them. Could each DD have .25 or .3 cargo (paying approprate mass of course) or is this an Item that we will have to pay full price fore
OldnGrey
Lieutanant Commander
Lieutanant Commander

Re: Cargo Question

Post by OldnGrey »

BLHarrison wrote:Will the rules allow one to use fractional amounts in ship design.

If you use Starmada AE/Wardogs, there is a figure for conversion, just unpublished as yet. Todd Pote gave me the figure 2 x Starmada SU = 1 x Wardogs Size 1 unit. One Wardogs squad is typically 8 men. This makes it possible to calculate the umber of units a ship can carry (I use the "transport" to record the SU).

Paul