Thread deleted?????

darbycmcd
Lieutanant Commander
Lieutanant Commander

Thread deleted?????

Post by darbycmcd »

So what the happened, my last thread gets deleted although I only asked about your house settings and plans for 2E.... you know, it might be advantageous to have a stronger presence on this board to avoid such misunderstandings.....

(edited to be much kinder)
Last edited by darbycmcd on Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Iron Sky
Lieutanant Commander
Lieutanant Commander

Re: Thread deleted?????

Post by Iron Sky »

To be fair, when I saw your thread was titled "House Settings" I assumed it was another of those Kitchen Remodeling spammers that target this forum for some unknown reason. Maybe the mods thought the same and deleted it based off just seeing the title.
darbycmcd
Lieutanant Commander
Lieutanant Commander

Post by darbycmcd »

hahaha, well I hadn't thought of that. I sort of hope they would have noticed that I am an at least infrequent contributor... it just rankled that they are absent for months except to delete my thread which I only posted to try and keep some vague life-signs on this board. But maybe you are right.... I shall edit my original comment pending explanation.... but I totally reserve the right to righteous indignation!!!!!

and still makes me feel like these guys just really don't give a crap about this game anymore.... look back at the messageboard, almost 10 years for this edition.... and they can't be bothered to post even monthly updates, and potentially just delete posts without reading because... too busy writing???
mwaschak
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by mwaschak »

darbycmcd wrote:hahaha, well I hadn't thought of that. I sort of hope they would have noticed that I am an at least infrequent contributor... it just rankled that they are absent for months except to delete my thread which I only posted to try and keep some vague life-signs on this board. But maybe you are right.... I shall edit my original comment pending explanation.... but I totally reserve the right to righteous indignation!!!!!
Yeah, that would be me. If i deleted a legitimate thread please repost it. I have been scooping up anything with house, or kitchen, or anything like that and removing it because of the spammers.
darbycmcd wrote: and still makes me feel like these guys just really don't give a crap about this game anymore.... look back at the messageboard, almost 10 years for this edition.... and they can't be bothered to post even monthly updates, and potentially just delete posts without reading because... too busy writing???
I don't know what to say. We really do care about the game which is why we are working on a 2nd edition. I don't want to keep resaying what we said, in fact we even shared the most recent draft with you. We appreciate your feedback too. As you saw, we are cleaning up the tech system.

We could easily release a new version every two years. We prefer to just not release books just to do it. It should be substantially different enough from 1e to be worth buying, but not so far as to abandon what we want out of the campaign system.

Update wise I will be posting our first big online game since Glorious Stars soon.

-Jay
Tyrel Lohr
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Tyrel Lohr »

I've been testing out a few additional changes to the rules, but have otherwise not had the time to devote to the project like I would have preferred. That begin said, I'm working with Jay to get the rules ready for release. I have been reviewing the flow of our rules and trying to make it easier for players to jump in and play, while deferring additional rules to the Optional Rules chapter in order to make the core rules clearer.

I have to spend today replacing the web store since the old version of osCommerce that we were using finally gave up the ghost, but after that is done I'm going to spend the rest of the week getting the rules finished and handed off to Jay and Charlie for review/editing in preparation for getting the book out (finally). That is the plan.

The reason for no timely updates is because there is often nothing to remark on. Due to my day job, I often go 1-2 weeks without being able to even touch the rules in any kind of substantive way, which is largely why it is taken such a tortuously long time to get to where we are.
[i]"Touch not the pylons, for they are the messengers!"[/i]
darbycmcd
Lieutanant Commander
Lieutanant Commander

Post by darbycmcd »

You are right, I was perhaps a bit over zealous in my comment. I should have phrased it more carefully. I am just surprised that you don't seem to find time to post anything here on occasion. I mean, how about just a review of changes from 1E? how about a playtest report? how about a discussion on which supplements to turn out first? How about something about your house settings and how they will be developed, if at all? See, there
are things to talk about. I have said before, the only thing worse than people complaining that they can't give you money (meaning you don't have product) is when they don't care. But you are in a position now where the majority of your message board posts seem to be kitchen spambots...

But anyway, this is my last post on the subject, do what you want, it is your company and you have the right to get out of it whatever you want.
mwaschak
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by mwaschak »

darbycmcd wrote: But anyway, this is my last post on the subject, do what you want, it is your company and you have the right to get out of it whatever you want.
I am sorry to hear that. I was hoping you would want to do more with the 2e playtest.

Thanks,
Jay
darbycmcd
Lieutanant Commander
Lieutanant Commander

Post by darbycmcd »

no, I mean that was my last post on that topic.... I am still interested in the game, I just realize that I am repetitively beating the drum about more communication, and it is probably irritating to you guys and not really helping anything. I am totally interested in doing whatever I can to help out. I am hoping that there will be a playtestable rule set coming sometime soon because I have a sandbox, Fed and Empire based wargame set up I would like to run through.....