Deadlock

Campaign Diaries & After Action Reports (AARs)
Iron Knight
Lieutanant Commander
Lieutanant Commander

Deadlock

Post by Iron Knight »

Howdy,

Looks like I’m ready to start accepting players for my Vbam campaign, Deadlock. The campaign forums will be at Jeremehovah’s website and I should have the rules posted there in bit. Players will need the campaign guide and the moderators guide would also be helpful. The Menagerie and certain parts of Star’s divided will also be used but I can work through that with players’ input if they don’t have the books. Once I have each players empire set up I will expect turns to run 3 times every 2 weeks, until conflict breaks out and then I will likely go to once a week to give players the option of fighting battles out. I don’t have a problem with proxy’ing a few turn orders due to life getting in the way but I do expect players to announce their absence to me and their fellow players (within reason, I understand sometimes you just can't). There will be roughly 21 systems per player and players will start with 7 systems in their empire.

Check out the rules and let me know if you’re interested. :)
Garland

Prepare today for the demands of tomorrow. Plan your move. - Fortune Cookie Nov. 6
Iron Knight
Lieutanant Commander
Lieutanant Commander

Post by Iron Knight »

Hmmm... kivlor tells me my file isn't opening due to access issues. I have also put it up in the files section of the Yahoo group (VBAM Deadlock). If anyone has problems with it let me know.
Garland

Prepare today for the demands of tomorrow. Plan your move. - Fortune Cookie Nov. 6
MarkG88
Commodore
Commodore

Post by MarkG88 »

Garland,

I tried the rules at jeremehovah's forum and got "accessed denied" message as well.

-Mark
Iron Knight
Lieutanant Commander
Lieutanant Commander

Post by Iron Knight »

Do the ones on yahoo work? I'm trying to fix the other files at Jeremehovah's but I'm not sure how to open it.
Garland

MarkG88
Commodore
Commodore

Post by MarkG88 »

Iron Knight wrote:Do the ones on yahoo work? I'm trying to fix the other files at Jeremehovah's but I'm not sure how to open it.
Yes it does. Sorry. I should have followed up post saying that I was able to download and unzip and read them from yahoo groups.

-Mark
Iron Knight
Lieutanant Commander
Lieutanant Commander

Post by Iron Knight »

No, problem. I'm glad to know it works. :D
Garland

MarkG88
Commodore
Commodore

Post by MarkG88 »

Oh and I'm interested in playing so sign me up. How many players are you aiming to have? I may contact my buddy Randy (Penfold from LCBoW campaign). I recruited him for that one so he could learn the VBAM system so he and I and some fellow gamers can start playing it during our annual gamer weekend get-togethers.
Iron Knight
Lieutanant Commander
Lieutanant Commander

Post by Iron Knight »

Cool! I aim to have 5 to 9 players. The map is designed kind of like a pizza slice with each player adding one into the map. The map wraps so even though it is hex based it can do odd numbers of players.
Garland

Emiricol
Captain
Captain

Post by Emiricol »

Though not a player, I would like to follow along with seeing maps and such, if that's possible? I love following campaigns :)
Iron Knight
Lieutanant Commander
Lieutanant Commander

Post by Iron Knight »

Sure as long as you would promise not to share any info with the players :)
Garland

Kivlor
Cadet
Cadet

Post by Kivlor »

I'm in. :D

Also, Jeremehova's Forums are fixed now, so anyone can download/reply there as well.
--John
Admiral Manard
The Glorious God-Emperor, Lord Makaze Daisuke
nimrodd
Commander
Commander

Post by nimrodd »

I am interested in playing in this game. I have been skimming the rules, and it looks interesting.
Jimmy Simpson
Iron Knight
Lieutanant Commander
Lieutanant Commander

Post by Iron Knight »

Sure! :D
Garland

Iron Knight
Lieutanant Commander
Lieutanant Commander

Post by Iron Knight »

Ok, when you guys have an idea what type of faction you want to play, send me the your empire name, traits, the name of your home system and 6 other colonies. I have no restrictions for the empire fluff so you can create your own or use your favorite sci-fi faction or something in between. If you don't have my email, pm me and I'll have it to ya.

Anyone else interested? Still more room :D
Garland

mwaschak
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by mwaschak »

Iron Knight wrote: Anyone else interested? Still more room :D
You may want to cross post on Jeremehovah, Star Ranger, and the Yahoo group too. We still have hundreds more viewers there than the new forums.

And if all else fails, I am always a good backup player :) .

-Jay