Background examples?

General Discussion
Tas
Ensign
Ensign

Background examples?

Post by Tas »

Hi all,

I've been eyeing these rules off for ages and have just leaped in with a bunch of pdfs: the campaign rules, advanced rules and the menagerie.
Now pouring through the fantastic stuff insdie and am very excited!!!

Of course, thats a lot of stuff to absorb as well. I was wondering if there are any examples of popular backgrounds converted to VBAM to help contextualise the rules - eg Star Blazers, Full Thrust Universe, Traveller2300AD setting, Honorverse, Battlestar Galactica, etc

I'd also be really interested in any adaptations for an intrasystem campaign setting where travel is between worlds in a system vice between systems - like Serenity or a low tech setting

cheers!
Paul
Last edited by Tas on Sat Nov 27, 2010 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tas
Melbourne, Australia

My Man Cave Blog:
http://tasmancave.blogspot.com
Charles Lewis
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Background examples?

Post by Charles Lewis »

The yahoo group contains a number of conversions for various settings, especially Babylon 5 and I think some Star Trek.

If you want an intra-system setting, I'd shill my official adaptation of Dream Pod 9's Jovian Chronicles setting. :)
'Fear God and dread nought'
Coat of Arms motto of Baron Fisher, of Kilverstone
mwaschak
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Background examples?

Post by mwaschak »

Charles Lewis wrote:The yahoo group contains a number of conversions for various settings, especially Babylon 5 and I think some Star Trek.

If you want an intra-system setting, I'd shill my official adaptation of Dream Pod 9's Jovian Chronicles setting. :)
There is also Stargate, Star Trek, Star Wars, Rainer's BSG material, Wing Commander, and a number of other examples too. We really should consolidate these somewhere, but for legal reasons we just have to be careful how that is done.

-Jay