The Divided Dream

Campaign Diaries & After Action Reports (AARs)
murtalianconfederacy
Captain
Captain

The Divided Dream

Post by murtalianconfederacy »

Started off with one power, the Rhotecan Confederacy. I've decided to use the Internal Politics again, so I made up four factions for the Rhotecans. The two main factions are divided over whether to pursue a Military or Trade Confederacy. The third faction wants to change the government type to a Military Aristocracy (named the Old Guards) while the fourth are a secessionist movement

(CM Note: the Rhotecans were conceived when I was thinking of playing a civil-war type game, and although the original material is hidden away somewhere, their fractious nature remains)

The Rhotecans are an INT-1 power with two colonies, and a starting OTL of -5 (-2 in engines, -1 in other fields), and they love their superdreadnoughts...

Turns to be written up shortly. The campaign will (when I remember) be written from the POV of the Rhotecans.

So far, its almost one game year and a few interesting things have happened, most notably the discovery of three NPEs and two splinter colonies
Not every laser dot has a loaded gun at the end of it
murtalianconfederacy
Captain
Captain

The Rhotecan Confederacy activates a splinter colony, the Holaxon League. The Holaxon League are very happy to have been contacted by the Rhotecans, and the Rhotecans are glad to find a 'lost' colony of Rhotecans. Both enter into a state of Normal Relations
murtalianconfederacy
Captain
Captain

Sorry for not updating, but infrequent visits to the library makes for too much to talk about and not enough time to talk about it in. Suffice to say, there has been a lot of activity...:)
Tyrel Lohr
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Tyrel Lohr »

You really need to panhandle long enough to buy a netbook, Murtalian :) Then you would at least have access to a computer for longer than an hour a day!

-Tyrel
[i]"Touch not the pylons, for they are the messengers!"[/i]
murtalianconfederacy
Captain
Captain

Funny you should say that...:D
murtalianconfederacy
Captain
Captain

THE DIVIDED DREAM
THE CAMPAIGN SO FAR

As I have been unable to keep this campaign up to date, I thought instead of trying to type all my notes out in full, I’d give a summary of notable events in the campaign, as well as the active powers’ economic status, ignoring any P-IND powers.

Rhotecan-Alliance War (3000.03-07): Rhotecan Confederacy victory, seizes Valax Magnar and Nohsarkon (the two alliance homeworlds). The Valaxon colony of Valax Hognar seceded after a failed morale check lowered the Morale from 6 to 0 (Military Totalitarian government) and became the Free Valaxon Hegemony.
Ravian Union encountered (3000.05)
Murtalian Confederacy encountered (3000.10)
Murtalian-Aronian War (3001.01-04): Murtalian Confederacy victory, places the Aronian Grand Duchy into a protectorate.
Free Republican Union encountered (3001.02) [Free Republican Union formed from a unification pre-Contact of the Omazan Free Republic and the Towrenan Union]
Alliance-Pyurvian Incident (3001.05-08 ) Alliance victory (formed from MC/RC/FVH fleets). Pyurvian Imperium survives intact with only fleet restrictions (notably less heavy combat vessels and no cloak vessels)
Ravian-Rajrowlian War (3001.06-10): Ravian Union victory. Rajrowlian Imperium subsumed into the Union.
Murtalian Confederacy embarks on period of colonisation (3001.08-present time). Colonises a colony world with 8 RAW(!) and plans to colonise two others, one with Aronian and Dacanuri subjects, and the other with Murtalian subjects (the Imperial Dacanuri Union were subsumed by the Murtalians pre-Contact)
Alliance-Neonian War (3001.10-3002.01): Alliance victory (formed from FRU/RC fleets). Neonian Republic subsumed into FRU.
Most raider attacks in a single month, with three on Gotorfiel, Neoni Kon and Torkhan (3001.12) [generated from random events. Two raids in a month have happened also, but raider attacks have been rare. Surprisingly two raids have been carried out in the MC, which has a stronger point cost in their defence squadrons due to their higher OTL]
Terrorist attack on Avtara Noblac, resulting in one Census being lost (3001.12)
Irsonkaihn Alliance Uplifted by Technologist faction of surprise visits to IND-1 power. The IA who are friends with the Murtalians get a gift of 30EP to purchase Productivity to increase their technological uplift even quicker.
Tri-War (Avtarian/Pyurvian/Calacan) (3002.01-present): No battles fought as yet though an abortive encounter took place between two sides (turn length equalled zero). Calacans were encountered by both AI and PI, who were already at war, and then both sides declared war on the Calacan Peoples Republic in 3002.02
Rhotecan-Ravian Unification (3002.01)

Power Peacetime Income Trade Income Maintenance (original) Total Income Surplus
RRC 171 38 207(230) 209 +2
FVH 21 4 21(23) 25 +4
Olzlan Order (splinter) 2 0 1 2 +1
MC 213 39 233(245) 252 +19
FRU 161 32 147(154) 193 +46
Kho-Nali Intelligence (IND-3 power) 15 0 11 15 +4
PI 59 10 67(74) 69 +2
AI 60 11 71(78 ) 71 0
IA 6 0 0 6 +6
CPR 69 12 77(85) 81 +4
Colwaxi Free Alliance (CPR/AI splinter) 18 3 19(20) 21 +2

In terms of total economy, the Grand Alliance of the Murtalian Confederacy, the Rhotecan-Ravian Confederacy, the Free Republican Union, the Free Valaxon Hegemony and the Olzlan Order amke up 72% (two s.f) of the total economic picture, 681EP out of 944. The reason the FRU has such a healthy economy is that they’ve only recently occupied the Neonian Republic and have not yet built up their mobile military forces to give them strategic flexibility. However, it looks almost certain that unless an alliance of major powers or a sufficiently large one may be encountered, the outlook is a peaceful (but, to a player, boring) stability...

Sorry for the odd way the table looks (MS Word again) but here it is. And I've got a laptop with internet connection so hopefully I'll be able to do more frequent updates as they occur...:)