Raiders and Trade/transport fleets

General Discussion
jygro
Commander
Commander

Raiders and Trade/transport fleets

Post by jygro »

Hey all:

I finally had a raider attack in one of my systems cotaining a transport fleet (carrying asteroid RAW to a nearby planet). The raiding force could not be intercepted before reaching the transport fleet, but a defense fleet did make the roll to arrive to defend the transport fleet (some juicy mining ships I guess).

I'm curious how I have to set this up (never had to before). Do I have to include the transport fleet (in terms of CC) in my defending fleet? If that is the case, how much CR/CC does a 'normal' transport fleet have?

Thanks in advance!
-Bren
Charles Lewis
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Charles Lewis »

IIRC, civilian fleets have no CR and have a CC of 1.
'Fear God and dread nought'
Coat of Arms motto of Baron Fisher, of Kilverstone
mwaschak
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by mwaschak »

Charles Lewis wrote:IIRC, civilian fleets have no CR and have a CC of 1.
Righto!
jygro
Commander
Commander

Post by jygro »

Charles Lewis wrote:IIRC, civilian fleets have no CR and have a CC of 1.
After I posted I figured out how to handle it. Of course, I thought it was much higher than 1. Perhaps, for this campaign, I'll use d3 and see how that works. Then again, that might be a bit too much.

Thanks for the (quick) answers!
-Bren

Edit: "Then again, that might be a bit too much."

After thinking about this some more, anything higher than 1 CC is going to cause some major headaches. This is mainly due to the fact that only one squadron is able to come to the aid of any civilian fleet and many squadrons would be hard pressed if a "CC 3 ship" had to be added. Of course, that is a big incentive to ensure you have enough military presence to keep the raiders at bay.