GM'less Games

General Discussion
Iron Knight
Lieutanant Commander
Lieutanant Commander

GM'less Games

Post by Iron Knight »

Howdy,
I’ve been lurking for a while since I have returned to life after graduating. It seems like there are fewer campaigns running than there used to be a while ago (at least online). I failed last time I tried to run one :cry: but I was wondering if there is still a lot of interest in online games, or if most have shifted to in person games? Also has anyone tried GM’less games in person or online (if so, how did it go)?
Garland

Prepare today for the demands of tomorrow. Plan your move. - Fortune Cookie Nov. 6
wminsing
Commander
Commander

Post by wminsing »

I think the lack of games is more due to the impending development of 2nd edition then a lack of interest.

I think a GM'less game would work fine, just a bit of extra legwork on the player's part.

-Will
"Ships and sail proper for the heavenly air should be fashioned. Then there will also be people, who do not shrink from the dreary vastness of space."
-- Johannes Kepler, 1609
murtalianconfederacy
Captain
Captain

Post by murtalianconfederacy »

I'm running campaigns. Just with the half an hour of free time its difficult to write everything up. Might try and keep up to date with a new one I'm running. Its a non-human campaign with a few powers I've not generated before, so I'm using my imagination a bit more.
Not every laser dot has a loaded gun at the end of it
Iron Knight
Lieutanant Commander
Lieutanant Commander

Post by Iron Knight »

I think the lack of games is more due to the impending development of 2nd edition then a lack of interest.

I think a GM'less game would work fine, just a bit of extra legwork on the player's part.

-Will
It makes since that that everyones is waiting for 2nd ed. I guess there would also be issues with turning in turns, as the last person to send orders to the other players could have seen the earlier turns. Map setup could be hard as well, but it could be done Catan style (random, but players pick their starting systems); but if anyone is interested... :)
I'm running campaigns. Just with the half an hour of free time its difficult to write everything up. Might try and keep up to date with a new one I'm running. Its a non-human campaign with a few powers I've not generated before, so I'm using my imagination a bit more.
Your campaigns reports have been quite interesting. I might have to do something similar to get my Vbam fix, but solo games just arn't as much fun for me. I think I might have convinced a few local games to merge flames of war or axis and allies minis with vbam.
Garland

Prepare today for the demands of tomorrow. Plan your move. - Fortune Cookie Nov. 6