The Shipyard for Starmada AE / VBAM

General Discussion
OldnGrey
Lieutanant Commander
Lieutanant Commander

Re: The Shipyard for Starmada AE / VBAM

Post by OldnGrey »

The Shipyard is now at version VFv58 and includes everything up to and including Distant Armada.
(In VBAM Yahoo files and on mj12)
Paul
OldnGrey
Lieutanant Commander
Lieutanant Commander

Post by OldnGrey »

VFv61 20110827 is the latest version.
I found that Mobile construction had become linked to a wrong cell (could have given a higher number) which may have happened during one of my tidy ups. :oops:

If anyone is interested, Fleet Ops conversion now has a "Drake" style text section. Space Stations (DEFSATs etc.) get Accurate and a couple of other tweaks. The guide has been updated slightly.

Paul
Brennall
Lieutanant Commander
Lieutanant Commander

Post by Brennall »

Thanks for the effort Paul :)
OldnGrey
Lieutanant Commander
Lieutanant Commander

Post by OldnGrey »

I have posted a couple of things which may be of interest in the Starmada/Files on the mj12 site.

A mono spaced font "Starsheet1" which has icons for the Starmada spreadsheets or anything else which uses true type fonts.
The font has icons for a few different fighters and shuttles. I have posted counter sheets for these, counters being 20mm square and mostly 16 per type.
Of course they can be used for any game.

Paul
Vandervecken
Lieutanant Commander
Lieutanant Commander

Post by Vandervecken »

Thanks for something interesting to peruse while designer playtesting is being done. Great job, Paul !!
I weary of the Chase. Wait for me. I shall be merciful and Quick.
OldnGrey
Lieutanant Commander
Lieutanant Commander

Post by OldnGrey »

Vandervecken wrote:Thanks for something interesting to peruse while designer playtesting is being done. Great job, Paul !!
Thank You.
I made these so that I could use the font on my own data cards for the next Starmada and have matching counters but I like to share. :D

Paul
OldnGrey
Lieutanant Commander
Lieutanant Commander

Post by OldnGrey »

Been a while, perhaps time for an update.

There is an updated Shipyard for Starmada AE. The only change is for the Starmada Fleet Ops ship which it gives stats for at the same time as VBAM 1E and of course the AE ship.
Weapon traits Long and Short range have had their modifier changed (which prompted others) in SFO.

The font which I previously mentioned evolved into OnGsheet1 with a few extra icons. This has been bundled in with the Shipyard for Starmada Nova although as previously can be used as any other truetype font.
What do they look like? This:
Icon font example
Icon font example
Command Icon.png (1.81 KiB) Viewed 4316 times
Although not used directly with VBAM, the stand alone SFU spreadsheet has also been amended to the latest figures as given on the forum.

Cleaner fighter, shuttle and drone counters are in the Starmada Nova general counters pdf (I removed the jpeg compression.)

Paul