VBAM:SX CR/CC discussion

General discussion of the Victory by Any Means campaign system
murtalianconfederacy
Captain
Captain

VBAM:SX CR/CC discussion

Postby murtalianconfederacy » Mon Feb 15, 2016 11:07 am

Okay, so this is a bit unusual...

For most of the time I was playing VBAM:SX I used a couple of formulae that gave higher CR and CC values. For example, under the original system, a Hull 20 vessel had a CR of 9 and a CC of 3, whereas with the new formula it has a CR of 14 and a CC of 5. The formulae, in case you're interested, is:

CR: [Square root of Hull] + [Hull/2] (rounded normally)
CC: [Hull^0.57], rounded down

Now, I know it was Tyrel, as a copy of the SXCA (4.2) credits Tyrel with it. I know it must have been before November 2006, as a campaign diary I wrote up in early October maintained the original CR/CC values while a document I prepared on 1st November used the new values. However, my searching hasn't been able to find the precise thread/topic where Tyrel mentioned the new formulae. Does anyone have better searching skills than I (more than likely) and either has the thread/topic to hand or can find a link to it? Thanks in advance.

(also, with this new info I can actually design to-size Holoki vessels for VBAM:SX campaigns (see New Blood campaign for details))
Not every laser dot has a loaded gun at the end of it

mwaschak
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: VBAM:SX CR/CC discussion

Postby mwaschak » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:57 pm

I may have a copy. I will email you offline.

-Jay

Tyrel Lohr
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Re: VBAM:SX CR/CC discussion

Postby Tyrel Lohr » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:07 pm

If it was during that time period, I'd almost bet the conversation came up on the YahooGroup rather than here. That Hull^.057 even looks familiar, as I remember manually adjusting that bit-by-bit to try and get it to align with the standard VBAM rules better.
"Touch not the pylons, for they are the messengers!"

Return to “Officer's Lounge”