The Dilgar Invasion

General Discussion
mwaschak
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

The Dilgar Invasion

Post by mwaschak »

Good afternoon,

I am currently recruiting for the Dilgar Invasion PBEM playtest/game. Like Glorious Stars, this is designed to be a multiplayer playtest. I will be asking for a team of Dilgar players, and a team to run the hapless nations under their steamroller who may, or may not, eventually turn the tide. I am in the design phase now, so players interested in joining either team or helping me put together the material are encouraged to post here or message me directly.

Thanks,
Jay
mwaschak
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: The Dilgar Invasion

Post by mwaschak »

Thanks everyone.

Ok, so that gives us roughly 10 players to work with. The scenario will begin shortly after the Dilgar have taken Alaca and Balos. So the outside nations are aware that there is a threat, but are not prepared to do anything about it. It also skips the lull in the war where the Dilgar had to get their economy and fleet in gear to continue the invasion. As you may know, the Dilgar homeworld is about to lose its sun so the Dilgar, unbeknownst to the outsiders, have to relocate their population to a comparable or better star system to survive.

On the alliance front I am going to put in some stalwarts, like the Drazi, but am tempted to let them steamroll through BK or EW space as well. Then the Dilgar will truly be facing an unknown front and it gives me a chance to work with player to hone some force lists that will see action in future sources. That saves us a lot of development time.

The Dilgar will be working as a team with each player as a Warmaster with their own fleet and resources, but a common goal. The alliance players will need to defeat the Dilgar war machine and enlist the help of their neighbors to join the conflict.

Questions? Comments?

Next steps for me is the initial fleet list if anyone wants to help.

Thank,
Jay
virtutis.umbra
The Critic
The Critic

Post by virtutis.umbra »

I'd love to pitch in with designing fleet lists! How can I help?
-Patrick
crit·ic /ˈkritik : Someone who knows the way but can't drive the car. -- Kenneth Tynan
XSiberia
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by XSiberia »

Looks like the roster may be full, but if not I'd enjoy jumping in, even if it's on a front line, quickly-to-be "steamrolled" minor power.
mwaschak
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by mwaschak »

Thanks guys. I do think that as the game evolves I will need more players. Want on the list?

-Jay